Model Cars Magazine Forum

Hasegawa Nissan Pulsar GTi-R

fumi

34 minutes ago, Justin Porter said:

The engraving and the level of detail really does look great. Things that stand out for me are the front lower control arms, the door mirrors, and the rear brakes with their dust shields. 

It does look well done so far. The radiators are a cool touch also on a curbside - the one under the hood (intercooloer?) that you can catch a glimpse of through the hood vents? Cool. 

Wow, this subject matter is totally unexpected as the car really didn't do much in the WRC back in the day.  I believe it was most successful in Belgium - for some weird reason I recall....and maybe GB too in the National championships.

Maybe, MAYBE I can be hopeful for a Mazda 323GTX BFMR rally car to be kitted by Hasegawa.  I really need one badly!

On 1/14/2022 at 11:28 AM, Luc Janssens said:

IIRC these were marketed as Nissan Sunny in my neck of the woods.

Correct. Of this specific full-tilt boogie Rally homologated car there were 771 sent to Europe.

On 1/14/2022 at 1:35 PM, steveracer said:

Wow, this subject matter is totally unexpected as the car really didn't do much in the WRC back in the day.  I believe it was most successful in Belgium - for some weird reason I recall....and maybe GB too in the National championships.

Maybe, MAYBE I can be hopeful for a Mazda 323GTX BFMR rally car to be kitted by Hasegawa.  I really need one badly!

The Gr. A car was run at limited events in WRC in 1991 & 1992 before factory support was pulled.

What you're thinking of via Belgium is the technical support Nissan provided for the Nissan Belgian Rally Team 1992 Gr. N entry for Grégoire de Mevius and Japanese Privateer entry Nishiyama Racing driven by Hiroshi Nishiyama who finished 1st & 2nd respectively in that year's FIA Gr. N Cup.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Rob Hall said:

The style of Pulsar that the Hasegawa kit depicts (N14) wasn't sold in the US, but is apparently related to the early 90s Sentra sold here (N13 generation) and the long forgotten NX2000 of the early 90s.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nissan_NX

Be cool to see a model of the NX2000! I almost bought one about 5 years ago but it showed all the hard miles teenage boys put on a car like that. 

Edited by Erik Smith