Model Cars Magazine Forum

My continually updated thread with fresh HOT ROD mock ups.

chris chabre

lost out on the Ebay auction for the green Studebaker so I've decided to start cutting on one of mine. I roughed out one fender last night to follow the shape of the hood. once I get the fenders done and the top chopped, I'll end up finishing the aero on the nose.   Black sharpie indicates the body line I extended. Idk If I'll end up pancaking the hood or not

s-l1600.jpg

20220208_214137.jpg

• Like 1

• chris chabre changed the title to My continually updated thread with fresh Hot Rod mock ups. 53 Stude started
9 hours ago, chris chabre said:

lost out on the Ebay auction for the green Studebaker so I've decided to start cutting on one of mine. I roughed out one fender last night to follow the shape of the hood. once I get the fenders done and the top chopped, I'll end up finishing the aero on the nose.   Black sharpie indicates the body line I extended. Idk If I'll end up pancaking the hood or not

s-l1600.jpg

20220208_214137.jpg

Chris, that looks wicked amazing! Love the concept.

25 minutes ago, rightrudder said:

Chris, that looks wicked amazing! Love the concept.

thanks Doug. Few things aggravate me as much as losing an Ebay auction with less than a minute to go after being high bidder the whole time the auction was going. haha This one pissed me off so much Im gonna copy the stupid thing

41 minutes ago, chris chabre said:

thanks Doug. Few things aggravate me as much as losing an Ebay auction with less than a minute to go after being high bidder the whole time the auction was going. haha This one pissed me off so much Im gonna copy the stupid thing

Yeah, a letdown for sure. But your version will be completely your own.

• chris chabre changed the title to My continually updated thread with fresh Hot Rod mock ups.
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Lindberg 32 pick up.....so inaccurate, but it's definitely a cool piece of history. I've had the Blue survivor for awhile and I don't want to change it in any way. then I ended up with the pink body as part of a parts lot I got... 

A few of my friends dug out their versions (both old and new builds) and it made me break out my fresh kit. The boxy back half of these trucks don't match the curvy front half so I dug out a trailer from the Revell 37 and started cutting. the Rollpan is made from the roof of a monogram model A coupe. I did a quick Bob of the rear fenders to lighten them up. I also cut the canvas top out. Next step will be the chop and then I have to decide how to blend the fenders into the "bed". After that, it's time to get a quad headlight assembly in there since this is all about a 60s custom rod. 

20220313_203543.jpg

20220313_203549.jpg

20220313_203553.jpg

20220313_203759.jpg

20220313_204338.jpg

Edited by chris chabre

On 1/7/2022 at 1:36 PM, chris chabre said:

20220107_100747.thumb.jpg.f48dc8566866c33f72dd435ad3d11607.jpgdecided to sit down and pull some stuff out of my hot rod boxes. the blue pick up is an old Lindberg survivor, the 3 window and 4 door are Drag City Castings, the Vicky is an unknown resin. ill eventually finish the chop on the pick up and 5 window.  as you can see I'm mainly into 60s era drag Inspired stuff (the plan isn't a set of billets on the 4 door)  idk when I'll get back on these due to life BUT I have all the kits and parts needed between my kits and parts boxes.

20220107_100604.jpg

20220107_100759.jpg

20220107_100747.jpg

20220107_100735.jpg

20220107_100724.jpg

I wonder what a sealed big t goes for now days on ebay....🤔

On 3/13/2022 at 7:51 PM, chris chabre said:

Lindberg 32 pick up.....so inaccurate, but it's definitely a cool piece of history.

The boxy back half of these trucks don't match the curvy front half so I dug out a trailer from the Revell 37 and started cutting. 

20220313_203549.jpg

Looks vaguely familiar... 😉

Great minds think alike

2vCLHQkuxuy9t.jpg

https://public.fotki.com/crstan/finished_models_by_me/rods/32-ford-custom-rod/

On 3/14/2022 at 3:15 PM, Bullybeef said:

This is going far past the mock-up stage and I love it.

I'm hoping to blend the roof tonight. might be time to start a build thread for it

On 3/14/2022 at 5:04 PM, deuces wild said:

I wonder what a sealed big t goes for now days on ebay....🤔

i usually see them go for 2 to 300 

11 hours ago, Mr. Metallic said:

Looks vaguely familiar... 😉

Great minds think alike

2vCLHQkuxuy9t.jpg

https://public.fotki.com/crstan/finished_models_by_me/rods/32-ford-custom-rod/

I saw your truck In the background of a contest photo so THANK YOU for the Inspiration

Edited by chris chabre
  • Thanks 1

• chris chabre changed the title to My continually updated thread with fresh HOT ROD mock ups.