Model Cars Magazine Forum

Sachs and sons comet article

mhertz1

Trying to find a scale auto magazine issue that has an article about making the jack chrisman (Sachs And Sons ) Comet.  I have been digging thru my issues and i beleive it is after 2008 and before 2020.  If you dont know which it is perhaps the dvd of all the scale autos is still available. any help is appreciated.      Loyal subscriber.

• 1 month later...

I’ll do my best to help you out here as i have also wanted to build these. For the 1964 comet look for the Jan 1964 issue of super stockers in action you will also need the following:

amt model king 1964 comet;

revell 1964 thunderbolt kit, any issue, for basic engine ,chassis,shock towers,fire wall,slicks,and front tires;

amt 1963 corvette will provide the rear wheels and blower assembly;

amt 1962 Chevy bel air north wind has a nice set of shallow American front wheels;

amt double dragster,any issue, can give you the bell housing ,direct drive in&out box;

Amt’s engine parts pack will give you the headers, or make them from aluminum tubing;

Smp decals makes a decal sheet for this;

for the 1965 comet, look for the sept 1965 issue of super stockers in action

you will also need the following:

moebius model king comet cyclone;

A Polar lights funny car will give you the front wheels,tires,and motor;

amt double dragster any issue for the front sub frame cut from the fiat along with the bell housing and in&out box, and the front axle;

amt 1963 corvette for the rear wheels;

you might be able to make the engine dog house from the mpc super judge funny cars interior parts 

I think polecat decals makes a decal sheet for this 

for the body color i would try tamiya’s metallic red

• Like 1