Model Cars Magazine Forum

also found this item

I will give a shout out to Fireball Modelworks too.  Used a set for a project, but did not use his tires (I was evaluating my stash here), which look really good too.  He has great customer service, I asked for one for the spare, and he did it.

IMG_1824_Fotor.jpg.20f3a8e240e384b2978617e96e179021.jpg

Thanks. I found a set but they said 1/24 so I thought they would be a little big for the tires I was using. I didn't see the Starski and Hutch set. I do have to order some other stuff from him. Anybody know if he is up and running again?

Avoid the Revell S&H 5 slots, as the lug nuts are clocked awkwardly on two of them.

The AMT 5-slots, found in the '32 Vicky, Studebaker Avanti (and probably others) are okay, but 14" IIRC, and you have to be aware of sinkholes in the spokes. IIRC the center tap is a bit on the tall side, too.

14 hours ago, Tabbysdaddy said:

The AMT 69 Corvair also has a set.

Those are nice but not quite the same style as those in Mike's image, plus, the Corvair's wheels are 13" diameter.

15 minutes ago, Casey said:

Avoid the Revell S&H 5 slots, as the lug nuts are clocked awkwardly on two of them.

The AMT 5-slots, found in the '32 Vicky, Studebaker Avanti (and probably others) are okay, but 14" IIRC, and you have to be aware of sinkholes in the spokes. IIRC the center tap is a bit on the tall side, too.

Those are nice but not quite the same style as those in Mike's image, plus, the Corvair's wheels are 13" diameter.

The Revell S&H ones are pretty shallow also, IIRC...as were the ones in the MPC Lil Red Express Dodge pickup.  Sounds like the OP was looking for deeper dish wheels. 

• Mike C. changed the title to also found this item