Model Cars Magazine Forum

1970 Mercury Montego from Missing Link!

Here they are! Correct trim on the body with engine bay, hood, complete interior, chrome plated wheel, bumpers & correct grille, clear red taillights & a 70-71 Photo etch sheet good for cyclones, montegos & gt's! all for just 70.00! Can't seem to upload the picture..but email me if you like one!

Kevin

I just picked up the 70 Faclon/Torino and the 71 Mustang Coupe at the MCCC Toy Show in Nov. and I can tell you that these castings are SO nicely done, You WON'T be able to tell them from injection molded plastic! They're THAT nice! Try one, you'll LIKE 'em! :lol:

glad ya like em george, cept that the falcon and stang are motor city resin casters! not that i mind the confusion. kevin and i are great friends and there is a lot of overlap between the two companies. we run the two seperately, mostly to give our customers a wider variety. you can buy either companies product with confidence.

Thanks for the kind words, we may do the MX & or the dash in the future!

Nice work, Kevin!!

How 'bout making a 71 MX with two taillights per side? And/or a Performace Gauge Package dash? I'd like one, but I don't have $70 to spare at the moment.

• 7 months later...
Here they are! Correct trim on the body with engine bay, hood, complete interior, chrome plated wheel, bumpers & correct grille, clear red taillights & a 70-71 Photo etch sheet good for cyclones, montegos & gt's! all for just 70.00! Can't seem to upload the picture..but email me if you like one!

Kevin

Has anyone finished one of these yet?I have been to busy working on masters to get one of these done

There's a built one for sale on that infamous auction web site.....
I just seen it,nice car,but its not the one I mastered for missing link!hoods all wrong and so is the grill,they have it flush,as the montego is the exact same grill as the cyclone,but the center is different,anyone have any suggestions on what I could use for the center of the grill for a 71?so I can make one up,and send it to missing link to cast,so we can have the 70 AND 71,anyone who has the right grill for me to use sent it to me,so I can make it up! ;)I'm working on the 2 taillights per side body right know! Edited by spkgibson

I just seen it,nice car,but its not the one I mastered for missing link!hoods all wrong and so is the grill,they have it flush,as the montego is the exact same grill as the cyclone,but the center is different,anyone have any suggestions on what I could use for the center of the grill for a 71?so I can make one up,and send it to missing link to cast,so we can have the 70 AND 71,anyone who has the right grill for me to use sent it to me,so I can make it up! ;)I'm working on the 2 taillights per side body right know!

what's wrong with the photo etch one's that come with the kit?

what's wrong with the photo etch one's that come with the kit?
nothings wrong with the one in the kit,I was talking about the one someone posted on e-pay,they made it there self,the one missing link makes is perfect,We both made sure of it,as far as the 71 grill ,I was trying to think up how I could do it so you could market both years!I just read through the messages and is the 71 grill on the way? the photo etch set is great,also,trust me guys the 70 Montego IS a must have for Ford and Mercury fans!

Kevin I have your Montego (maybe one of the 1st pulls from the mold) I would really like the dash board w/ the gages. So it's in the works?
The dash your talking about,is for the cyclone,and the spoiler,not the montego mx,unless you doing a modifed one,the dealer brochere I have has them only available on the cyclones,not the montegos!

The dash your talking about,is for the cyclone,and the spoiler,not the montego mx,unless you doing a modifed one,the dealer brochere I have has them only available on the cyclones,not the montegos!

Back in 1974 I saw a 70 Montego Brougham 4-door at a Ford dealer and it had the gauge-package dash.