Model Cars Magazine Forum

Aoshima Liberty Walk Nissan GT-R

galaxyg

Build notes: Because the kit also includes the non-Liberty-Walk suspension parts, I was able to use those instead, making the car's stance look normal. I also swapped the stretched/pulled tyres for some normal ones and painted the black wheels silver. All this greatly improves the look of the car (for my taste) - and I have come to really love the result. Other additions to the kit are the Hobby Design Photo Etch kit, some seatbelt retainers, the rear number plate and a small amount of carbon fibre decal. I've also intentionally omitted some of the less desirable Liberty Walk decals. Painted in Tamiya TS-52 Candy Lime Green and clearcoated with Tamiya TS-13 Gloss. Quite possibly the best set of photos I've taken of any build. Built over the space of 12 days.

liberty_walk_nissan_gtr_001.jpgliberty_walk_nissan_gtr_002.jpgliberty_walk_nissan_gtr_003.jpgliberty_walk_nissan_gtr_004.jpgliberty_walk_nissan_gtr_005.jpgliberty_walk_nissan_gtr_006.jpgliberty_walk_nissan_gtr_007.jpgliberty_walk_nissan_gtr_008.jpgliberty_walk_nissan_gtr_009.jpgliberty_walk_nissan_gtr_010.jpgliberty_walk_nissan_gtr_011.jpgliberty_walk_nissan_gtr_012.jpgliberty_walk_nissan_gtr_013.jpgliberty_walk_nissan_gtr_014.jpg

Edited by galaxyg
  • Like 1

Beautiful looking finishes and the color is a real attention getter. I agree with you on the wheel color. Never understood having a great looking set of wheels on a car and then paint them black so you can't see any of the wheel details. 

• Like 1