Model Cars Magazine Forum

Bugatti Royale 1931

happy grumpy

Built from the Testors/Italeri kit, box stock. I like Italeri kits of that time, simple , detailed enough to be realistic . Relatively easy to build despite sometimes confusing instructions. Tamiya black and chrome yellow for the doors to match the box. Amazing how big these cars were. 

As always, thanks for looking.

BUGATI ROYALE.jpg

bugati royale 01.jpg

bugati royale 02.jpg

bugati royale 03.jpg

bugati royale 04.jpg

• Like 2

I have seen this one in person and it is indeed a pretty big car. When I saw it I was surprised that it really was not in pristine condition.  Indeed, the car was a 10-footer. Your model has done the real thing justice and is probably in better condition that the 1:1 car. Very, very nice!

Thank you all for your kind words. I never had a real interest in these older cars until a few years back when I started watching Jay Leno YouTube channel where he gave extensive facts and in depth interviews . I grew a new respect and appreciation for those engineers and designers that were often ahead of their time. I guess they are an acquire taste. At least they were for me.

19 hours ago, bisc63 said:

Very sharp model of a classy ride. Engine, please?!

Rusty,

unfortunately, The hood is glued shot. I don't usually super detail engines since all my models end up in a closed cabinet. These particular old car models are a pain to fit the cowl hood and grille to line up.  I am working on the Italeri Rolls Royce Phantom II star of India, and this time I will take pictures of the engine before I close it up and will post them once finished.

On 1/12/2022 at 12:40 AM, 89AKurt said:

I saw Mike C's before yours, great to see another one that was finished.  Clean build, and you got a nice flat sheen on the plastic tires.

I should drag out this long dead WIP and finish it.
1779832592_Bigattiexplodedview.jpg.f18110e923052c89c6e6de5eead419b3.jpg

Yes, you should finish this one. I for one would love to see it.

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

Just beautiful! One of these days I'm going to figure out how you pro builders get the sheen so perfect on the various parts. I love the gloss on the fenders, then the semi-gloss on the interior, and the matte finish on the fabric top. 

• 2 weeks later...