Model Cars Magazine Forum

BRBO2022 Revell USA KW W900

8 hours ago, Bills72sj said:

When you assemble THEN paint, do you have any issues with the paint ghosting or shadowing. When it is stopped by whatever protrusion is closest?

Especially on these Revell USA kits I assemble all parts (except the rear suspension) and paint. I then paint the rear suspension. I then brush paint the airbags with black acrylic paint. Then I attach the suspension to the frame. As far as ghosting not sure, but if it does I generally do a weathering wash anyway.

13 hours ago, JerseeJerry55 said:

Especially on these Revell USA kits I assemble all parts (except the rear suspension) and paint. I then paint the rear suspension. I then brush paint the airbags with black acrylic paint. Then I attach the suspension to the frame. As far as ghosting not sure, but if it does I generally do a weathering wash anyway.

Thank you for sharing your methodology.

On 1/14/2022 at 10:08 AM, Mopar - D said:

Looking good Jerry your moving right along with this truck. Have you decided on what colors to paint the cab. 

Thanks. I’ve got a few ideas. Thinking maybe an Aqua, a Royal Blue, Yellow, Green, Red, or an Orange. Was thinking about a Grey but I’ve decided to put the kabosh on that choice. Remember I always reserve the right to change my mind more than a 17 year old girl when picking out a prom dress.

Edited by JerseeJerry55

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
2 minutes ago, Gary Chastain said:

Are you using your motor in above picture? It really looks good. 

Gary,

Thank you. Good question/ Unsure at this time. I may whip up a new one and either leave it factory fresh, or really concentrate on getting a better grime wash on it. I have a couple of other things planned in the works. One being a front visor, and the other being a surprise reveal. I just need to repaint the cab as I had an oops and had to strip it down. When the weather is better I'll reprime then paint her. Cab, and hood were painted the same color but I may go a different route on the cab color. We shall see.