Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

AMT? Chrysler Imperial?

11 posts in this topic

Posted (edited) · Report post

I built this model years ago for my dad and I got it out a while back and put a clear coat on it and put all of those dumb horses back on that had fallen off over the years and surprisingly done of them got lost and there are 10 of them on and in the car.

I'm pretty sure this kit was from some TV show but I can't for the life of me remember.

100_9398.jpg

100_9399.jpg

Edited by tuffone20

Posted · Report post

Nice build Marty!

That's actually an Imperial ('64-'65?) which was the only full frame Chrysler that year as the rest were already unibody at that point.

Yes, that car came from a TV show which I can't remember the name either, 'cept to say I think that was originally an AMT kit. B)

Posted · Report post

You after going back and looking at it your right it is a Imperial, don't know why I didn't look at it before posting. Oh wait a min, that's right it was down stairs and I was up stairs and too lazy to go down and look at it. B)

And the more I think about it, it more then likely is an AMT kit.

Posted · Report post

I think that Imperial was from a show called "The Hero"...but not 100% sure. Definitely an AMT kit.

Posted · Report post

Let's see if this works:

3049303404_b4cbefe7d5.jpg

Posted · Report post

Yep that would be it!! want to sell me the motor? When I built this one my dad didn't care if it had the motor in it or not.... JK And your going to build it in 09? B)

Posted · Report post

It's from a TV show called The Hero starring Richard Mulligan. The car is a '66 Imperial.

Posted · Report post

yep that's the car! I want to get one and shave all that fringe off lol

Kudos for building it up and keeping it that way, i have NEVER seen one built!

Posted · Report post

Yep that would be it!! want to sell me the motor? When I built this one my dad didn't care if it had the motor in it or not.... JK And your going to build it in 09? :rolleyes:

That's just a picture I snagged from a Google search, I don't own the real model :rolleyes:

Posted · Report post

yep that's the car! I want to get one and shave all that fringe off lol

Kudos for building it up and keeping it that way, i have NEVER seen one built!

Thanks!! I built it way back when I lived in Pontiac, MI so it's been a long time ago as I moved to the gates of Hell (AZ) :rolleyes: back in 81' and if I remember right I repanited & BMF it back in the late 80's to early 90's and then it got moved around a lot, but most of the time it was always in some kind of a case.

Thanks for looking and all of the replies.

Posted · Report post

Glad you built it the way it was meant to be built. I love too see these old models that show up built. Another case of an old AMT made in to a jewel.