Model Cars Magazine Forum

AMT? Chrysler Imperial?

tuffone20

I built this model years ago for my dad and I got it out a while back and put a clear coat on it and put all of those dumb horses back on that had fallen off over the years and surprisingly done of them got lost and there are 10 of them on and in the car.

I'm pretty sure this kit was from some TV show but I can't for the life of me remember.

100_9398.jpg

100_9399.jpg

Edited by tuffone20

Nice build Marty!

That's actually an Imperial ('64-'65?) which was the only full frame Chrysler that year as the rest were already unibody at that point.

Yes, that car came from a TV show which I can't remember the name either, 'cept to say I think that was originally an AMT kit. B)

You after going back and looking at it your right it is a Imperial, don't know why I didn't look at it before posting. Oh wait a min, that's right it was down stairs and I was up stairs and too lazy to go down and look at it. B)

And the more I think about it, it more then likely is an AMT kit.

yep that's the car! I want to get one and shave all that fringe off lol

Kudos for building it up and keeping it that way, i have NEVER seen one built!

Thanks!! I built it way back when I lived in Pontiac, MI so it's been a long time ago as I moved to the gates of Hell (AZ) :rolleyes: back in 81' and if I remember right I repanited & BMF it back in the late 80's to early 90's and then it got moved around a lot, but most of the time it was always in some kind of a case.

Thanks for looking and all of the replies.

• 6 years later...

If you want to see the real HERO Imperial, watch the opening credits. Richard Mulligan of SOAP fame. With only 16 episodes, it never made syndication so nobody has seen the show for a long time.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UPKE_dAv_s8

Yes Tim, the car is a very stock 1966 Imperial. Sort of reminds you of Boss Hog's 1970 Caddy Deville with those cow horns on the front.

I just bought the kit and intend to build it with all that stuff on the Imperial. It's actually well done by AMT and matches the real car.

If you want to see the real HERO Imperial, watch the opening credits. Richard Mulligan of SOAP fame. With only 16 episodes, it never made syndication so nobody has seen the show for a long time.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UPKE_dAv_s8

Yes Tim, the car is a very stock 1966 Imperial. Sort of reminds you of Boss Hog's 1970 Caddy Deville with those cow horns on the front.

I just bought the kit and intend to build it with all that stuff on the Imperial. It's actually well done by AMT and matches the real car.

Bob...I agree about the kit...I have a couple of original ''66 Imperial annual kits I bought over 35 years ago....I think the '64-'66 Imperial was a classic and among the three, the '66 had its own distinctive flavor, captured well in the kit.  and of course, there are also the way-cool car/pickup conversion parts in the '66 annual kit as well....TIM