Model Cars Magazine Forum

1997 Ford Mustang GT

bluestringer

5 hours ago, Zippi said:

Holy smokes James.  You didn't let the dust settle did ya ☺  Good start on the Mustang man.  I'll be watching.

LOL.....yea, I'm running out of room for my stash and wanted to get a few out of the way so I can buy some more. This one will be slow as the weather has got too cool for me to stay in my work shed for very long. Hope to get it painted this in a few days. 

Except for the fact that your coil pack drilling/routing is a bit off; good start. Yes, the 4.6 SOHC has both the plugs and injectors at the top of the head (and located pretty much beside each other in both 1:1 and in scale); same with the 3V 4.6L of 2005-2010 GTs.  Your upper intake tract and lower intake plenum are correctly colored; the only tip to scale accuracy is dull both (the lower is thermoformed plastic and is semi-gloss Black on its' best day). Valve covers and Power steering reservoir are looking good!

5 hours ago, MarvinGardens said:

Except for the fact that your coil pack drilling/routing is a bit off; good start. Yes, the 4.6 SOHC has both the plugs and injectors at the top of the head (and located pretty much beside each other in both 1:1 and in scale); same with the 3V 4.6L of 2005-2010 GTs.  Your upper intake tract and lower intake plenum are correctly colored; the only tip to scale accuracy is dull both (the lower is thermoformed plastic and is semi-gloss Black on its' best day). Valve covers and Power steering reservoir are looking good!

Thanks. Yea, I knew the routing would be off, just wanted to be sure they terminated at the right location. Drilling those little coils packs was a chore, did the best I could. I still need to do some touch up painting. The instructions did call for semi-gloss black on the lower plenum but I just used what I had. I may can dull it down some with some dullcote, but I'm not really going for precise accuracy, just wanted the wires to end somewhere close to plugs.