Model Cars Magazine Forum

Aoshima Lamborghini Adventador

chris coller

3 hours ago, mrm said:

Nice job on the carbon. If you clear it, it would pop and become way more real like. Just don’t use Tamiya clear, as for some reason it eats these decals. 

I will take that under advisement. Not all carbon fiber is glossy. The body will by nice and shiney using 2k clear. Carbon will be flat/semi gloss. 

Lacquer is "hot". Chemicals in it react with the decals which causes them to melt if there's too much applied at one time. 

56 minutes ago, chris coller said:

I will take that under advisement. Not all carbon fiber is glossy. The body will by nice and shiney using 2k clear. Carbon will be flat/semi gloss. 

Lacquer is "hot". Chemicals in it react with the decals which causes them to melt if there's too much applied at one time. 

I have done a lot of carbon in scale. I mean tons. I understand that in real life carbon comes in many finishes. What I was saying is that in scale, once clear coated carbon looks far more realistic. I have used many different clears, including lacquers and 2k. 2k works best. For some reason Tamiya’s clear dissolves the colors in Scalemotorsport carbon. Not the decal itself. Some Tamiya paints, just paticular colors, interact different. 
   I am just trying to be helpful, that’s all. 

Love the look, have you tried detailing the tail lights yet? That's where mine stalled, those tail lights are difficult to get where they belong as far as detail goes, other versions of the Aventador have nicely detailed ones, but I'm sticking with my Aoshima one. If you have any tips for me to do those, I'm listening! Cheers!

s-l1600.jpg

8 minutes ago, dino246gt said:

Love the look, have you tried detailing the tail lights yet? That's where mine stalled, those tail lights are difficult to get where they belong as far as detail goes, other versions of the Aventador have nicely detailed ones, but I'm sticking with my Aoshima one. If you have any tips for me to do those, I'm listening! Cheers!

s-l1600.jpg

Hobby Lobby started carrying these japanese markers that are part of the Gundham series. They have super fine (0.25mm) ones that may be your ticket if you are referring to detailing the black lines inside the light clusters. 

On 1/12/2022 at 10:04 AM, dino246gt said:

s-l1600.jpg

I have not tried to detail them yet. I know they're tricky. Thats a great reference pic.