Model Cars Magazine Forum

Chrysler imperial phaeton

happy grumpy

Another kit from Italeri. The reason I bought this kit was the box art so, kudos to the marketing dept. I liked it so much that I wanted to reproduce the car on the box but using a slightly darker tone. Quite happy how it turned out. My only gripe about it is the lack of details on the folded top fabric when compared to the box art. I think they could have done a better job considering  the level of details of their military kits . Everything else is good though .  Luxury cars of that era were truly impressive. 

Hope you enjoy and as always thanks for looking and commenting.

chrysler 1932 imperial 06.jpg

chrysler 1932 imperial 01.jpg

chrysler 1932 imperial 02.jpg

chrysler 1932 imperial 03.jpg

chrysler 1932 imperial 04.jpg

• Like 4

Thank you all for the kind words. really appreciated.

7 minutes ago, bisc63 said:

That is SHARP! Mind sharing what paint/colors you used? It's a beautiful combo.

Rusty, for this particular build, I used a mix of Tamiya acrylics yellow/white/brown for the light color, and light brown/hull red/red. I always mix more than I need and keep the rest if I need to repair a boo boo or touch ups. I let  the paint cure for a few days and then I clear coat with either mr hobby super clear or Tamiya Ts 13. I lay a couple of  mist coats and then I let this set for a week, I found that it seals the paint better and the subsequent coats don't sink as much, giving a better finish. After everything is cured , a light polish with fine compounds for the finishing touch. 

• Like 1

On 1/13/2022 at 11:35 PM, customline said:

A beautiful finish on a great subject, Mario. How much time do you have invested in it? (You don't have to answer that) 

thank you all for your kind comments.

Jim,

I don't keep track of time on my builds, but if I had to guess, I spend about 2 hrs / day  4 to 5 days a week so It would be around  50 to 60 hours for this one. Less time if the kit is familiar (muscle cars AMT,Revell ,etc). A big rig kit will take much longer since I am less familiar with big trucks.

regards,

• 2 weeks later...