Model Cars Magazine Forum

street outlaws fastest in america season 3

Its good to see JJ and the family (cant really call them a team) back on tv. Just watching the first episode and it looks like it could be more interesting this season with the Memphis family racing in the qualifiers along with the rest. So far everyone seems to be faster than last season but I'm only half way through the episode. Some new teams this year too. I wont discus the results as I'm sure many of you haven't seen it yet but its looking good so far

41 minutes ago, Scott8950 said:

I'm glad to see JJ in the eliminations this time. I saw some new teams but I seriously doubt they make it to the 2nd round. The one thing I don't get is how do you have the fastest in America without the Oklahoma team? 

The 405 has their own show. ;)

Seriously, though, they didn't do that well at NPK (except, of course, for Ryan Martin), and not all that well on America's List, or Mega Cash Days. 

I'll be amazed (but very, VERY pleased) if JJ's crew comes out on top of FIA 3. If I had to lay down a bet right now, I'd put it on NOLA, who seems to be pretty strong everywhere. 

I've already spotted at least two people on FIA 3 I can't stand, and will be rooting against. Both California, I believe. I hope Chucky and crew kick Calli's butt, but I'm not expecting it to happen. 

Speaking of the 405, it looks like this season will be nearly a rerun of last. But Chief is already 0 and 2. I'm having a hard time imagining the 405 going to America's List without him--I just don't see him letting that happen, one way or another. :unsure:

Edited by Snake45

24 minutes ago, Scott8950 said:

I just had a recommended video on YouTube and I saw this. 

I think JJ has a crash in fastest too in the still to come bit at the end or it may have been shown in the coming this season bit at the start, also in humingbird racing what looked to be cody baker. Looks like there's a a bad one in the oklamhoma series too between jeff and damon in the white camaro. One of them had a lot of fire but not sure which

50 minutes ago, stitchdup said:

I think JJ has a crash in fastest too in the still to come bit at the end or it may have been shown in the coming this season bit at the start, also in humingbird racing what looked to be cody baker. Looks like there's a a bad one in the oklamhoma series too between jeff and damon in the white camaro. One of them had a lot of fire but not sure which

JJ's gotta be spending a fortune rebuilding these cars.

1 hour ago, stitchdup said:

I think JJ has a crash in fastest too in the still to come bit at the end or it may have been shown in the coming this season bit at the start, also in humingbird racing what looked to be cody baker.

I thought so too, but that's not Hummingbird--it's basically a white Nova with blue sides, the same color as Hummingbird. Pretty sure the white 1G Camaro isn't Cody Baker, either. 

16 minutes ago, Snake45 said:

I thought so too, but that's not Hummingbird--it's basically a white Nova with blue sides, the same color as Hummingbird. Pretty sure the white 1G Camaro isn't Cody Baker, either. 

I hope its not, cody seems to be the most chilled of the texas team

34 minutes ago, Snake45 said:

I'm pretty sure that's a California guy with the blue/white chevy ll.

On 1/13/2022 at 2:49 PM, Snake45 said:

Speaking of the 405, it looks like this season will be nearly a rerun of last. But Chief is already 0 and 2. I'm having a hard time imagining the 405 going to America's List without him--I just don't see him letting that happen, one way or another. :unsure:

I was wrong--Chief was 1 and 1 last week. 

After last night, Monza--of all people--is 4 and 0! :blink:

Looks like there's a big crash next week--at first I thought it was the new white Camaro, but now it's looking like it's Jeff Lutz. :unsure:

58 minutes ago, Snake45 said:

I was wrong--Chief was 1 and 1 last week. 

After last night, Monza--of all people--is 4 and 0! :blink:

Looks like there's a big crash next week--at first I thought it was the new white Camaro, but now it's looking like it's Jeff Lutz. :unsure:

Monza does good on that concrete road but struggles with asphalt. Ryan is the king of the 405 now he has mastered tuning his car. Yep I think that is Lutz crashing the 57 next week.

17 minutes ago, Snake45 said:

Good race this week! And both of Memphis's losses were driver error--amazing! 

It was a good race it does seem a little odd to me that one of the top teams in America with heavy hitters on the no prep scene couldn't get down that road.

6 minutes ago, Scott8950 said:

It was a good race it does seem a little odd to me that one of the top teams in America with heavy hitters on the no prep scene couldn't get down that road.

I think anyone there would tell you that street racing is very different from track racing, and this episode might have been the best example of that I've ever seen. 

Birdman just doesn't seem to be able to get that Camaro sorted out. He's been on a bad luck streak since he totaled the Firebird. 

5 hours ago, Snake45 said:

I think anyone there would tell you that street racing is very different from track racing, and this episode might have been the best example of that I've ever seen. 

Birdman just doesn't seem to be able to get that Camaro sorted out. He's been on a bad luck streak since he totaled the Firebird. 

I was a street racer back in the 90s (not to this caliber) and a unprepped track vs a asphalt road is not as different as you might think especially after rubber is put down. I've seen texas guys run Oklahoma on bad roads and I've see Texas battle Nola on bad roads and put up a good fight. Honestly I don't think Birdman is the same since he had that bad crash.

1. Very sorry to see Lutz's beautiful '57 Chevy destroyed. Glad to see that Lutz himself seems to be okay and in good spirits, though. 

2. I really like Jim Howe's Camaro, but was glad to see Northeast beat the Southern Assassins. Rankin did some VERY fine "team captaining," possibly the best I've ever seen. And it looks like it worked for them. Also liked the '69 Corvette (SA), just for something different, and the Old School '65 Nova (NE). That car was a rare '65 2DS--maybe someone will build it from the upcoming Moebius kit. B)

3. Next week, Cali vs Detroit. I don't like Cali at all but think they're the stronger team of the two. I REALLY don't like Frank and that big tall loudmouth, although it looks like he has a new car, a cool 1G Nova that looks a little like Daddy Dave's. From the previews, looks like Boddie actually wins a race. Also, next week will be the horrendous crash between the Detroit white '69 Camaro (Detroit) and the Hummingbird-looking 1G Nova from Cali. Looks like one of them crosses and hits the other but from what was shown, I couldn't really judge who was at fault. 

Definitely sad to see Lutz crash the 57 but glad he's ok. That was a nasty crash he walked away from that says alot about the safety of these cars.

I agree with you ranking did a fine job as team captain,  he formed a plan and they stuck with it. I really liked the 69 corvette, old school 65 chevy ll, and the viking 73 nova  was way cool and something you don't see often on the show and I think it was a hatchback nova. 

I'm gonna go with Detroit over California,  I just don't think the California guys has what it takes to knock out Detroit. 

Edited by Scott8950