Model Cars Magazine Forum

=Green Interior 1968 El Camino SS=

I've been fiddling around with the AMT 1968 SS-396 El Camino on & off since it was reissued. I want to polish the white plastic, and paint the vinyl top and interior in matching colours -- and I may have to "go rogue" with my colour choice : Sage Green ! 

Is there a chance that a pale green was an optional colour for the interior and / or top for 1968?  If so, please provide a link or reference (photos would suffice).

Thanks !

My first car was a 68 Malibu. By the time I got it in 78 is was kinda faded Ivory Gold. I remember the interior being kind of a greenish gold.

Ivory exterior with a grey/green CLOTH interior was an option on 68 Malibu's.

Edited by Bills72sj
  • Like 1

16 hours ago, 1972coronet said:

I've been fiddling around with the AMT 1968 SS-396 El Camino on & off since it was reissued. I want to polish the white plastic, and paint the vinyl top and interior in matching colours -- and I may have to "go rogue" with my colour choice : Sage Green ! 

Is there a chance that a pale green was an optional colour for the interior and / or top for 1968?  If so, please provide a link or reference (photos would suffice).

Thanks !

68 Chevelle brochure lists a gray green , black , blue,   gold ,  parchment-black & red

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Snake45 said:

Hey, it's your model. Paint it the way YOU want. 

Say it's a "Day Two" deal. That frees you up to put whatever wheels/tires you want on it, too. B)

That's me plan at this point. I just suppose that I'm trapped by certain beliefs -- correct interior and vinyl top colours is one such belief. Ne'er-the-less, I shall forge-on and go with the green interior and top.

Thank you.

5 hours ago, Jack L said:

68 Chevelle brochure lists a gray green , black , blue,   gold ,  parchment-black & red

Thanks much. I'd initially desired to replicate a factory colour combo / availability; however , I'm going to go with a 'custom-but-stock-restoration' look.