Model Cars Magazine Forum

ALSO Coming - 1965 Dodge Hemi Sedan

Dave Metzner

2 hours ago, 1972coronet said:

In one of the computer 'blueprints' , a Dana 60 is present. The images provided here exhibit the 8 3/4 diff. 

Like I'd mentioned, the Dana 60 was a common upgrade (and the Ford 9" as well) to the earlier B-bodies once it was released for the 1966 model year. Funny that NASCAR-campaigned cars still used the 8 3/4 in spite of the higher speed, higher RPM's and demands. Must be solely because of the easy swapping of the drop-out third member vs. the heavier and less serviceable Dana 60.

I imagine the demands on the axle are a bit different, NASCAR racing probably doesn't have near the shock loads on the axle as drag racing does.

18 hours ago, Dave Metzner said:

include stock wheels and poverty hubcaps, maybe some streeet tires... Let the builder do a street version or a race car?

i like the idea of street or race version, its an additional sales feature.  Personally love the poverty caps. Friend of mine had a Hemi 66 Belvedere 1 post car back in the 80's and 90's which i would love to buy ;) in model kit form,,, but hey i know ye'all cant produce every car. Im assuming the body for this proposed kit was 3D scanned from a real car ? I'm asking for a friend...

The Sedan will have an 8 3/4 rear end, same as Plymouth Satelite and Belvedere.

The AWB car will have the Dana, as the real car we're doing has that rear end in it, also, I just checked my reference photos of the Lee Smith AWB Plymouth (the original car in the Mosley collection) That car has a Dana in it!

Edited by Dave Metzner
  • Like 1

Great news

Now a very humble question, as Moebius now can release both Dodge and Plymouth kits:
- Would it be within the realms of possibility to have proper NASCAR versions of Petty Plymouth -64 and a Dodge-64, i.e. Dave Pearson/ Cotton Owens Dodge ?
   With the NASCAR tube front structure, barren interior, roll cage, fat wheels etc 
Yes there are certainly differencies in the NASCAR vs Stock & Drag versions 
But also commonalities
So perhaps ...... ?

On 1/14/2022 at 9:47 PM, Dave Metzner said:

Just found photos of Tailights without backup lights. The way taillights will be done in this kit - like Plymouths  chromed part with red to be painted clear red - this may mean that there is not enough difference between taillight with backups and taillight without to make two different sets of parts simple difference would involve painting backup lenses white or not... I need to study this a bit. 

I (or somebody) could get a little cottage industry going molding clear red resin taillights for Moebius kits! :lol:

On 1/14/2022 at 4:53 PM, Dave Metzner said:

Also under development at Moebius Models is a 1965 Dodge Hemi Sedan. This will be similar to our 65 Plymouth Super Stock Sedan and will share mechanicals with that kit.

Please note that the chassis seen here is not exactly as will be seen in the final kit. The final kit will have S/S Hemi underpinnings..

Here are some 3D images of the Dodge.. s with the forthcoming AWB car this only exists in 3Ds at this tiem. I anticipate mockups after Chinese New Year ends (Feb11)

Kits on shelves later this year..Maybe sometim this summer?? No promises at this date

Thanks,

Dave

2.jpg.3d13d01fda383306a39db60b527c592d.jpg1.jpg.a598cb744159840e29cb8db9640df386.jpg6.jpg.eef512d71a0134f8ce12569e0d221bee.jpg5.jpg.45bef8d0022fceb7522aba0a91092d9b.jpg4.jpg.259f93b162e57843b4bdb76bc638844c.jpg3.jpg.32734664f6a75f943079c107268fc838.jpg too early to set that date!

Dave all I can say is YEAH BABY!! You are giving us kits we never thought we would see and this news just made me think I'm in heaven. Keep them coming and we will support you. It makes sense to tool up new versions of previous releases. Thank you for listening to your base and showing your competitors what Moebius is made of.

Edited by BobbyG