Model Cars Magazine Forum

Hasegawa Toyota 1600GT.

I assume that's an old kit, so bummer about the decals.  The shine is better than what I have trouble accomplishing.  I would wet-sand it, and make it look like a resurrected barn find.  Otherwise it looks fine, just park it close to the other cars on display.

6 hours ago, AaronL357 said:

Tell us about the kit.  What did you think of it?  It is a curbside?

Yes it's a nice kit, just a short rollcage, two seats on offer. Not super detailed interior. You have to shave off the lip around the wheel arches to fit the wide ones, steering works although in a tight area. It also has the 'back to front' tyre decals that I don't like.  

• 3 weeks later...

Thanks PappyD340.

But it's my last post on here. peteski has commented on an airplane WIP very offensively, telling me to get things right! I build the way I want to. I thought model making was our choice of what and how to build/scratchbuild after 60 years of building! Why should he dictate how we do things, only his way? Goodbye. I have sent a message to the moderators but because he's an American and I'm English things will go his way! We only have a couple of model websites in the UK, so I'll stick with those!

Edited by PatW

22 minutes ago, PatW said:

Thanks PappyD340.

But it's my last post on here. peteski has commented on an airplane WIP very offensively, telling me to get things right! I build the way I want to. I thought model making was our choice of what and how to build/scratchbuild after 60 years of building! Why should he dictate how we do things, only his way? Goodbye. I have sent a message to the moderators but because he's an American and I'm English things will go his way! We only have a couple of model websites in the UK, so I'll stick with those!

Patrick...I have had this happen to me also. Don't take it too personally. Military modelers tend to be a bit stodgy. They build replicas right down to the last rivet.  We  are car modelers here, We build models to our taste..not replicas. They just have to look good. accuracy is secondary. I have found your comments to be helpful and insightful.   60yrs  of building,  you got me beat by 4yrs.   We would hate to lose you.  Stick with us. You may have more friends here than you know. 

But he's contacted me again and said that he has done nothing wrong! Arrogant! I'm thinking very, very seriously about selling my kits that I have left and chucking models altogether. I've bought paints, canvas etc. I majored in ART in school so I think I'll do that instead. No forums anymore.

18 hours ago, PatW said:

I have sent a message to the moderators but because he's an American and I'm English things will go his way!

I think to imply that the moderators on this site discriminate against people because they're not based in America is grossly unfair and untrue.