Model Cars Magazine Forum

Recently received the Engine Crate from the Little Red Wagon in a trade

LittleRedWagonIMC8-vi

I built it up using bits of wire much like you would lag bolts to hold it together.  This allows me to assemble the crate without glue.  I can then disassemble it and/or reconfigure it for different cargo of my choosing.

DSCN7906DSCN7902DSCN7904

Edited by afx
  • Like 1

Thanks Rusty.  I don't know the kit history of the crate.  I did a run through the GeeGaw thread and didn't notice it listed.  Maybe someone else can answer if it was available in other kits.

Edited by afx

9 hours ago, bisc63 said:

Nice job! Lots of diorama potential, and good thinking making it break down. I've never seen that piece, was it only available with the Little Red Wagon?

As far as I have seen, yes, and only in the original (and maybe second?) issues. Perhaps it still exists with the other "lost" IMC Dodge A-100 parts.

Nice fit inside the bed of the Datsun, JC. 😊

4 minutes ago, Casey said:

How much room is there inside the crate with an actual Hemi V8 positioned inside it? I never thought to try.

I just sprayed it with primer so I can't check right now.  I know the Moebius 427 SOHC won't fit (both too wide and too long with the transmission attached).

Edited by afx

Yes Casey is right!. 1st and 2nd Issues of Little Red Wagon by IMC had the crate in it. (my brother had the kit when we were young lads in 1968-1970ish?) How do you tell the second issue ?The $2.00 Price was punched out with a hole punch on the  IMC boxes. I think the prices jumped to $2.25 at that time? Mark B. or anyone feel free to  correct me if I'm wrong here! Remember that's 52 years ago!