Model Cars Magazine Forum

Glosson C-O 4070A

This is a project that I have been wanting to do for a long time now. I want to finish this one before the pusher truck.

In around 1971, Glosson Motor Lines of Lexington NC, purchased 162 Transtars. They purchased both C-O 4070A’s and C-O F4070A’s. This one will be a C-O 4070A. They later had quite a few C-O F4070B’s as well. I remember seeing a lot about of these on the road and even knew a driver of theirs. I’m starting with the new issue of this truck. I hope that this one doesn’t stall like my last project.😀
5957FFA5-674D-440D-A4C5-A7AE919148E3.jpeg.22cf59bc3804d17527ac1d275ee3ef82.jpeg

Here is an inspiration picture.

FCC96B16-D0D2-406E-8D44-7FC14E662323.jpeg.40109c1e124bc58ec5d0b0a4fa1fe1c5.jpeg

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Mopar - D said:

Brian looks like a very interesting build for the International. I found this kit to go together very nicely and should keep your interest in finishing it. Are you going to go with a single axle?

Thanks Dan! Yes, this one will be single axle. Technically the kit is a C-O F4070A (F for full screw or tandem drive) C-O 4070A was a single axle. I like the bare bones business only look of the single axle cabover. 

3 hours ago, gotnitro? said:

Cool project  ! I see your delivery of squirrels arrived , they love getting builds sidetracked

Thanks Jeff! I’m wish that I could get some squirrel repellent. 😀

10 hours ago, TruckerAL said:

Definitely following along with this one, very cool! If you need any parts, let me know. Happy to help👍

Thanks so much for the generous offer!

Cool project, it’s cool to see a bare bones work truck ( as much as I like rigs drooling with chrome, lol)

squirrel repellent is unheard of around here, best you can hope for is they attack your buddies bench more often than yours……..haha…..