Model Cars Magazine Forum

MOBILE HOME MOVER

I had shown this back in 2020 but since then i finally put the right decals on it so ill start over. i know a lot of you have seen it so just over look me . im old..lol.. this came close to going in the trash as it was in really bad shape for a glue bomb. i had to rebuild the front of the cab to start..i was gonna build a replica of one of the real moving trucks i had owned. but i started to customizing it by molding in the grill and adding square headlights..at that point again i started to trash it as i did not like how it looked..another month went by i picked it back up and built the bed..then it happened things started popping in my head of what it could look like (owing two real toter trucks before helped also ) once the bed was built i built a working 6 way high tower , added a winch + skid plate, real concrete blocks, hose reel, extra air tank. for volume , swan on hood, generator, power cord reel, water cooler, a shovel, anchors and anchor machine were scratch built along with sliding out mirrors & spot mirrors..topping that off with a oversize sign, over head rotating lights my name on the door , Louisiana DOT inspection sticker and license plate.. they is more detail ill let u find it..

DSC04243 (2).JPG

DSC04245 (2).JPG

DSC04248 (2).JPG

DSC04249 (2).JPG

DSC04250 (2).JPG

DSC04251 (2).JPG

DSC04252 (2).JPG

DSC04253 (2).JPG

On 1/17/2022 at 9:52 PM, GLMFAA1 said:

Looks real good, like the details, Can't wait to see it towing a half of a double wide. Where did the taillights come from?

greg

thank you..... one day i hope to build one       https://www.czechtruckmodel.com/domu/100-ctm-24110-65-oval-lights.html

Edited by yh70

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/20/2022 at 10:36 PM, GLMFAA1 said:

Thanks for the taillight info. Is it difficult to order from them? How long is the wait for product?

Any USA distributors? 

greg

I had no problem when i ordered and only took a week or 2 if i remember correct..Jamie at Moluminum did carry them but i just looked and did not see any..hes so busy u would get them way faster from CTM....now STSupply in Canada carry's them also and in stock i just checked..https://stsupplyco.com/products/ctm-24110-oval-marker-lights-1-25-scale?_pos=1&_sid=1e19ccdf3&_ss=r

Love the model. I spent the first eight years of my working life, selling wobbley boxes, and moving them in the 60s and 70s. the only problem I see with the truck, is it's in way too clean and in much to a shape. After 2 or 3 moves, they do get beat up dirty, and very "used" look about them . a great model. It would go well with my balsa 1:25th 12x 60 mobilehome.

• Thanks 1

• 1 month later...
On 2/2/2022 at 8:29 AM, lucky 130 said:

Love the model. I spent the first eight years of my working life, selling wobbley boxes, and moving them in the 60s and 70s. the only problem I see with the truck, is it's in way too clean and in much to a shape. After 2 or 3 moves, they do get beat up dirty, and very "used" look about them . a great model. It would go well with my balsa 1:25th 12x 60 mobilehome.

i just ran it thru truck wash it was muddy..lol.. my 2 trucks before i retired some years back..

M H MOVERS 008 (3).jpg

M H MOVERS 003.jpg

10 hours ago, Mopar - D said:

Dave I think you should build the mobile home in the second picture for your rig to pull. 

thats a 16x80 in real life. that would be huge in 1/25 scale . 8" wide and nearly 4' long, but it would be cool.....i was thinking along the line of a half of a Double wide like a small 24x40.. and that would still be 6" wide and 20" long...