Model Cars Magazine Forum

BRBO 2022 Kenworth W900 EZ Build

Received this from a member sometime last year. It will be built oob. The very first big rig I built was the Peterbilt version,  so this will make a nice addition. Color scheme is yet to come. 

I am missing the steering wheel if someone happens to have one.  

20220116_204639.jpg

Thanks William.  I am going to look through things one last time before giving up completely. 

I had forgotten just how easy these kits are. I may want to build more of them. 😄

Chassis is all painted and up on all ten.  only thing slowing this build down is waiting for paint to dry. Everyone needs to do a low stress build once in awhile. Very refreshing. 

20220120_183307.jpg

• 5 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
On 3/9/2022 at 12:37 AM, Force said:

Nice.
But the rear wheels are not mounted correctly, the outermost lip on the rims are supposed to be inside the tire like the picture below.804658731_WheelmountRevellSnap.jpg.0d4cf262a7c01bcf12778c0bb504d017.jpg

Thank you for pointing that out Force, really appreciated it.

Thanks for all the positive comments everyone. 

I know that most people get this model for the engine and wheels, but if you stripped all the chrome, took care of all the seams, did some filling here and there, it would make a great display piece. 

Worked on it some tonight.  I have a few things to paint, wash the grill, touch up the chrome, and decals....I think that is it.

20220413_231355.jpg

Well,  so much for a stress free build. The hood would not close all the way, even with relieving everything I could find, so I glued it shut. Then I found out that the decals were super thin and very aggressive.  So...it will be touched up later and relegated to the back of the display cabinet.  

Funny thing,  the crackerbox that I built last year took much more work to build, and lots of thought process,  and turned out awesome (imho). This one I am disappointed in.

20220416_204221.jpg

20220416_194146.jpg

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
On 8/23/2022 at 5:04 PM, wayne00 said:

Can we get an up-date on your project?

Thanks

Rog😁

On 8/23/2022 at 5:22 PM, Bills72sj said:

Inquiring minds would like to know.

Sorry I missed these posts. 

I have it finished and need to post it in under glass.

Thanks for the kind comments.