Model Cars Magazine Forum

Ford Lousiville OTR Tractor

Had this idea for many months, finally decided to go ahead and do it. Started off with the AMT Ford Lousiville snowplow kit. Used the dumpbody, sander and plow on my white western star, and swapped the mercury sleeper over to this Ford. Stretched the frame about an inch, GMC Astro cab lights, Pete 352 and 359 exhaust, 75th anniversary White Freightliner stripes, and other minor odds and ends here and there. It was a challenge getting the cab and hood to line up. Not perfect but it'll do. Onto the next one, enjoy!

20220116_232813.jpg

20220116_232836.jpg

20220116_232903.jpg

20220116_232848.jpg

20220116_232919.jpg

20220116_232943.jpg

20220116_232959.jpg

• Like 1

12 hours ago, happy grumpy said:

Great build and nice take on the Louisville. Everybody who build this kit including me fells your pain when it comes to the hood/cab fitment. Still, it builds up to a nice model in the right hands. You did a great job on it. 👍 

Thank you! Yeah amt really didn't do a good job with this kit cab/hood line up at all. And over the years the parts, and fitment has gone down hill. But a little extra time and work, it turns out great!

8 hours ago, vincen47 said:

Rare to see a Louisville with a sleeper, both on the forum and back in the day on the road. Unique, and I like it. 

That's exactly why I did it, uniqueness and rarity. I haven't seen one done in model form, ever. And in person I've only seen a handful. 

• 2 weeks later...

Great looking over the road hauler! The longer frame and sleeper conversion give the Louisville a completely different look than were used to seeing. I would like to do one of these, but with  even a longer frame , a longer  L hood conversion and   big 6 cyl Cummins or 6 cyl Cat.