Model Cars Magazine Forum

1/25 Revell '69 Chevrolet Camaro SS 396

Casey

Pic of the forthcoming 1/25 Revell '69 Camaro SS 396 with an all-new SS hood with separate faux louvers, newly tooled "SS" nameplate for the grille, and the dog dish style wheel covers and steel wheels from the previous C.O.P.O. release:

10849299a.jpg.7e3de1fc68dd08425e559905443c978f.jpg

Edited by Casey
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Rob Hall said:

I'm sure it will...I can't imagine they would finally change the exhaust...

A simple fix is using the exhaust from a Revell Nova kit- fits just fine and is NOT chambered!

Looking forward to this kit, not that I need any more 69 Camaros, but at least this one has a different hood.

I had heard (read)rumors that Revell was revamping this kit and making some changes. I read it was a 2n1 kit and would offer newly tooled wheels and hood. A Stock and Drag version much like the original release Revell 69 Nova was in the works... Too good to be true I guess...

I was reluctant to speak of the post from FB just because I didn't want to feed the Rumor mill. Now that the boxart has been revealed, It's safe to say that the Drag version will not happen. I was excited for that too because I think it would've been a great option for the Camaro.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, mikemodeler said:

Looking forward to this kit, not that I need any more 69 Camaros, but at least this one has a different hood.

I'm with you, I'll get one just because it has a different hood, and I do like those dog dishes!

Edited by Dragonhawk1066
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, Rusty92 said:

Is this the better of the 69 Camaro kits? I’ve never built one but would like to add one to the stash!

Yes, and I would say the best. The 1/25 Revell kit is excellent, and has been going strong for 30 years now.

Here's a comparison topic if you are interested in the other available 1/25 '69 Camaro kits:

Edited by Casey
  • Like 1

51 minutes ago, Casey said:

Yes, and I would say the best. The 1/25 Revell kit is excellent, and has been going strong for 30 years now.

Here's a comparison topic if you are interested in the other available 1/25 '69 Camaro kits:

Thanks @Casey. That is a good thread with some other good linked threads in there. Might have to pick up this version when it comes out.

• Like 1

One of the nicest features of the Revell 1969 Camaro (which I can't flippin' believe has been around for north of 30 years already !) is that the more-recent (last ~15 years) issues have separate exterior door handles (in addition to the hardtops' moulded-on handles). IIRC, those separate handles premiered with the convertible edition. 

The older than Methuselah MPC et al. 1969 Camaro is an absolute heap; the Monogram (when they were separate from Revell) '69 Z-28 is also a steamer. 

• Like 1

• Casey changed the title to 1/25 Revell '69 Chevrolet Camaro SS 396
On 1/17/2022 at 1:44 PM, Casey said:

Pic of the forthcoming 1/25 Revell '69 Camaro SS 396 with an all-new SS hood with separate faux louvers, newly tooled "SS" nameplate for the grille, and the dog dish style wheel covers and steel wheels from the previous C.O.P.O. release:

10849299a.jpg.7e3de1fc68dd08425e559905443c978f.jpg

Thank you Casey for the picture.... I was trying to find the box art picture for this one yesterday and came up empty handed...🙄😔

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/26/2022 at 7:23 PM, deuces wild said:

133-1969-Camaro-SS-350-with-blonde-model-7-8-view.jpg

Anybody else notice how she must've backed the car onto the beach and then climbed out of the passenger side so she wouldn't leave prints in the sand? :blink:

Hope she's able to get traction to drive it outa there before the tide comes in!

1414437062779_wps_3_PIC_APEX_27_10_2014_This_.jpg.cbd194ba5b1ac51f520baf0b3950f5dd.jpg

Note to self:

Driving your car on a soft sandy beach is never a good idea!

• Haha 2