Model Cars Magazine Forum

1/25 Revell '67 Corvette Coupe

Casey

I wonder if the 1/12 iteration is far behind...?  That'd be sweet -- even sweeter if period correct aftermarket rims and customised engine parts (e.g. , Cal Customs rocker arm covers, etc.) were created for it (keep the 80's stuff, too, for those whom wish to install the [neat] Moroso 'covers , and the Cragar SS/T wheels) .

Mike's (above) looks really sharp....and here'e mine, built box stock from the 1990's Revell kit release....factory correct 1967 Marina Bue (not the Corvette paint nomenclature IIRC, but it was the same paint formula as Marina Blue), sourced from MCW Automotive Finishes.

I recall it as a very nice kit: very accurate body proportions and details, and no real assembly issues.  Only paint detail, spark plug wires, and aftermarket redline tires added ....  TB

DSC 0291

• Like 5

On 1/17/2022 at 7:14 PM, 1972coronet said:

I wonder if the 1/12 iteration is far behind...?  That'd be sweet -- even sweeter if period correct aftermarket rims and customised engine parts (e.g. , Cal Customs rocker arm covers, etc.) were created for it (keep the 80's stuff, too, for those whom wish to install the [neat] Moroso 'covers , and the Cragar SS/T wheels) .

Probably too much to hope for that they correct the 8 bolt valve covers.   Does the 1/25 '67 have that problem as well?   I know the '68-'69 kits do.

1 hour ago, dodgefever said:

Probably too much to hope for that they correct the 8 bolt valve covers.   Does the 1/25 '67 have that problem as well?   I know the '68-'69 kits do.

I don't have an answer for you regarding the valve covers. I've not built the 1/25 scale version; I haven't so much as seen a 1/12 scale version (other than some great builts on here) in over 30 years.

1 hour ago, Snake45 said:

I'm thinking it doesn't, but if it doesn't, they're in the roadster kit. 

I think you are correct on both.

Here's a Revell-Monogram release showing the parts, which I would expect to be much the same in the forthcoming reissue, but with a much improved and more expansive decal sheet:

Revell67CorvetteCoupe.jpg.d65999db07e023897984f4629ec5dc6e.jpg

Edited by Casey
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, espo said:

Let's keep our fingers crossed that this sells well enough that Revell might consider reissuing the roadster as well. 

The body on the roadster is so bad that I consider it nothing more than a "parts mine" kit. :angry:

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, Snake45 said:

The body on the roadster is so bad that I consider it nothing more than a "parts mine" kit. :angry:

I have the roadster and didn't know it was that bad. I have never seen the 1:1 irl so the kit is probably good enough for my untrained eyes. Or would I be better off buying two coupes and chopping the roof off of one of them?

20 hours ago, Snake45 said:

We may not be thinking of the same model.  The reason I say this is having built the roadster and the fastback several years ago I found both to be reasonably good kits. Besides the difference in body styles, one offered the big block engine with a single four barrel and the other offered the 3x2 setup. Thew removable roof on the roadster was fiddly as every Corvette roadster kit I have ever touched is, and that just goes with the territory I think. 

29 minutes ago, espo said:

We may not be thinking of the same model.  The reason I say this is having built the roadster and the fastback several years ago I found both to be reasonably good kits. 

Oh, we're thinking of the same model. If you take a good look at both of them, you can see that the front fenders of the roadster body are very "bloated" looking compared to the coupe's, which are right. I've built the roadster too, but I spent several hours shaving, filing, and sanding that front end down to a more correct shape. I won't do that again. 

19 hours ago, dbostream said:

I have the roadster and didn't know it was that bad. I have never seen the 1:1 irl so the kit is probably good enough for my untrained eyes. Or would I be better off buying two coupes and chopping the roof off of one of them?

Well, if the shape doesn't bother you as bad, then it's okay for you. Some people don't see it (it didn't seem to bother espo); some do. Personally, if I ever want to build another roadster, I'll start with the coupe body and graft in the rear deck from the roadster (I've bought several of the roadster kits cheap, just for parts). 

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, Hawk312 said:

Thats what I am planning, using the 68 kit engine. :)

There you go!!!!. I stocked up on a "few" of those when they were $10 bucks each from Miejers.... The blower setups are very cool for other Revell Chevy big block cars.... Nova, Camaro, Chevelles.... The possibilities are endless!... 🙂👍

Edited by deuces wild

On 1/25/2022 at 1:18 PM, Snake45 said:

I recall reading about the differences between the coupe and convertible bodies and then comparing my two kits. I  saw how they were different but I had forgotten which one was off. Thanks.