Model Cars Magazine Forum

Tonka 1913 diorama

Eric Macleod

Many of you are probably familiar with the Tonka street scene diorama featuring, among other things, a 1913 Ford Touring car. Over the years I have placed a number of completed brass era cars in this scene.  It only seemed fitting to see how my newly finished 1911 Chevrolet Touring would look in there. Not too bad in my opinion. I need to try to get some working lights for this diorama. 20220117_220500.thumb.jpg.a88d3b42768749575926d409f62c96b3.jpgEnjoy. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/18/2022 at 3:23 AM, Eric Macleod said:

Many of you are probably familiar with the Tonka street scene diorama featuring, among other things, a 1913 Ford Touring car. Over the years I have placed a number of completed brass era cars in this scene.  It only seemed fitting to see how my newly finished 1911 Chevrolet Touring would look in there. Not too bad in my opinion. I need to try to get some working lights for this diorama. 20220117_220500.thumb.jpg.a88d3b42768749575926d409f62c96b3.jpgEnjoy. 

I can just see the street lamp over to the left of your photo lighting up this wonderful diorama, Eric . . . . . and maybe one or two shop window lights too.

I am currently experimenting with fibre optics and LED lighting combined as one unit, and it has distinct possibilities.

David