Model Cars Magazine Forum

Atlantis Yellow Fever

Reegs

Fingers crossed, hopefully the chassis speed equipment pack (axles, radius rods) is plated this time around.  The chassis itself can, and probably should, be left unplated, but the accessories really ought to be chrome.  Personal preference here, but if it came down to that or the optional engine, I'd take the plated suspension parts.

13 hours ago, Mark said:

Looks like this kit will include the round tube chassis, as opposed to the one included in the Mooneyes dragster kit.  I wouldn't bet on seeing the Chrysler engine as an option, seeing as how it was pieced into the Miss Deal Studebaker.  Maybe, just maybe, we'll get the Buick?

Yes, a little rework and maybe a dive into the spare parts box will be in order.  But, we're getting some parts packs that haven't been widely available in over 50 years.  Atlantis deserves an "atta boy" for getting these items out there when previous owners just let them sit in the tool crib.

I'm only throwing the HEMI out there based on the builtup that Mr Duff shared from the kit announcement at IPMS. The original double kit that featured the Fiat had the nailhead in the box, so I'm hoping that's what they include this time as well. 

14 hours ago, Dennis Lacy said:

So Atlantis makes the effort to refurbish tooling so they can release these kits after having not been seen in almost 60 years, kits that Revell NEVER would have brought back leaving the only previous option to step up at HUNDREDS of dollars a piece and some of you are gonna complain about the company’s logo?

Unfreaking believable… 

I have a right to not like it all. Yes, I will buy it, but I can also not like the wrapper. 

So yes, very believable.... and yes, I will post my opinion. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, bobthehobbyguy said:

Looking forward to the release of this kit. Imho I hope the the suspension pieces are not chrome. Much easier to clean up the parts and get good glue joints. Several paint options for chrome.

That’s how AMT’s Chopped T 2-in-1 kit is. Pretty easy fix though, I just dropped the whole chrome tree into the lavender lagoon overnight.

• Like 1

What Snake is refering to is the Revell issue of the 1969 Corvette in the 1990's? It had that error on a few boxes when it first came out. It was later corrected to say 1969 427 Corvette on the box . The error boxes are not worth more ( unlike error postage stamps{inverted jenny})

19 hours ago, alexis said:

Chicken Coupe!

I hope nothing on this kit is chromed. It will make for stronger glue joints on the notoriously fiddly Revell Chassis.

Yup. Tiny, fiddley, little chromed parts (recalling old Revell drag kits).

That's where one wants to keep a suicide note on standby...;)

23 minutes ago, blizzy63 said:

Yup. Tiny, fiddley, little chromed parts (recalling old Revell drag kits).

That's where one wants to keep a suicide note on standby...;)

Kind of like the old Revell tri-5 Chevy kits.   I never really liked Revell models until the 80s era tooling.. 

I am still stumped trying to get tiny Revell (or AMT Chromed) chassis parts glued together.

I t=strip almost all chromed suspension parts, just so I can get a decent glue joint of them.

I am in awe of the guys who build chromed chassis.

I wish there was a class on it.