Model Cars Magazine Forum

Coca-Cola Kits

mikemodeler

I think we all know that Round 2 has slapped Coke decals on almost every kit that they have ready to mold and it's partly because of the Coke collector market, but has/is Revell ever ventured into that territory? I thought I saw somewhere recently that Revell is going to have some Coke kits this year, anyone else hear that? Curious as to what it would be and if they will have the accessories like the vending machines and bottles/cases like R2? Anybody got some information they can share? I would think if a company could issue a kit with Coke on it they would know it would sell because of it.

I have no information, but if Revell has a Coke license, I could certainly seeing them following Round 2's model and issuing big rig cabs w/ Coke decals, pickups, the Space Shuttle, etc.. or maybe they get a Pepsi license, and do similar things w/ Pepsi..I could see that happening..

Edited by Rob Hall
  • Like 1

40 minutes ago, mikemodeler said:

I think we all know that Round 2 has slapped Coke decals on almost every kit that they have ready to mold and it's partly because of the Coke collector market, but has/is Revell ever ventured into that territory? I thought I saw somewhere recently that Revell is going to have some Coke kits this year, anyone else hear that? Curious as to what it would be and if they will have the accessories like the vending machines and bottles/cases like R2? Anybody got some information they can share? I would think if a company could issue a kit with Coke on it they would know it would sell because of it.

Revell Germany is releasing both the 1/16 BMW Isetta 250 and VW Type 2 Panel Van in some type of Coca-Cola livery/packaging, but I haven't seen any official images yet, just preliminary...which I won't post.

They currently have this 3D puzzle out:

00152_coca_cola_truck_led_edition_01.jpg

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, Rob Hall said:

I have no information, but if Revell has a Coke license, I could certainly seeing them following Round 2's model and issuing big rig cabs w/ Coke decals, pickups, the Space Shuttle, etc.. or maybe they get a Pepsi license, and do similar things w/ Pepsi..I could see that happening..

Thanks Rob, that makes sense. I do remember Round 2 reissuing the C-600 box delivery truck recently with Pepsi decals, found it interesting given their penchant for Coke stuff.

I wonder how many kits in this series had been released with period-correct decals for a yellow/red color scheme.  The 1950 Chevy pickup seems to be one.

I also wonder if the license includes other Coka-Cola brands.  I have seen pictures of Sprite trucks for instance.

I was also just reminded of the old Monogram Car In A Bottle dragster kits that included a full-scale replica of Pepsi or 7Up bottle.

Edited by Brian Austin