Model Cars Magazine Forum

60's styled 2005 "RETRO-VETTE" COUPE

E St. Kruiser50

Just wondering what color this is, I think I want this color for my "Bumblebee" Camaro ! ;)

Hi ucntcme :)

The color is a PPG urethane color from an auto paint store, that I had custom mixed, and then sprayed over it a natural pearl mixed into a clear urethane HOK SG100 inter-coat clear, then clear coated with HOK catalyzed clear top coat, and finally rubbed out and polished.

I love the result's too ;)

Good luck with your project and thank's for asking - dave B)

I thought this posting would be fun for a change of topics here.

All of my life I have been gifted with a wonderfully "Mild" case of being a perfectionist and being "OBSESSIVE COMPULSIVE", for me in a healthy way, and I learned to embrace that "Disorder", not just in what I do, but in this incredible passion I have for life and living, and the people that mean so much to me.

It has afforded me the pleasure of being successful at the best career imaginable to me for 40 years, and never once ever being pressured for a deadline, because quality alway's "Ruled Supreme" in that industry ;) .

In my private life, I have been priviledged to discover so many amazing "Artsy" and "Mechanical" interests that continually, to this day, stretch my imagination, skills and curiousity, always trying to discover my limit's.

On my refrigerator I have a saying I heard several years ago that says, "LIMITATION IS THE CREATION OF THE MIND".

I have found for me that if you don't believe in limitation's, and you're willing to work hard enough, and invest in yourself and your passions, and you surround yourself with the best people imaginable as friends and your family, life takes on the most amazing joy and fullfillment.

Fast forward to today, and here I am still living a dream of fullfillment , like a child amazed at all the opportunities that life has to offer, and the wonder of those things being a part of my life, like this incredible hobby, and getting to know many of you. Pretty cool for me :lol:

So I have embraced my "Obessions" and just laugh at myself as I enjoy my "TOYZ".

So guy's if what I do at time's seem's obsessive and compulsive - IT IS :lol::lol: .

Edited by Treehugger Dave

Well, I've made a little progress on the Ol' Gal.

Did some "fit and finish" work to get everything that moves adjusted and fitting properly, and all works smoothly.

Doors lock in place when shut and haven't even installed the "Latch Pin's yet. I'm happy :D .

The first three pic's are mock-up snap's before I dissamble it and do more details.

The forth pic is of the before an after Rotor/caliper details.

I drilled out the stock rotor's and then used BMF to bring them to life, and then painted the caliper's red to give them a little "POP". They'll show really well through the stock wheels I'll use.

The engine bay got ton's of detailing, as will the interior.

I BMF'd the altenator and the air conditioning compressor, and they'll be wired and plumed.

Also BMF'd the engine pan.

All the molded in details were cut away, opened up to see the color show through, and detailed with different paints and decal badging as "Stock" would have it.

The valve cover cover's were carbon fibered and decaled as was the radiator cover, and the engine air inlet.

The decals came mostly from kit's, but some of the body badging came from a decal guy in canada, and their beautiful.

Next to last pic is the rotor/caliper assembly installed.

The last pic is of some of the parts I still need to install, including the "FAKE" distributor if this was a real car. If this were real, it would have some of the MDS electronic ignition system mounted inside of the disributor body, and wires would be just for "SHOW" for the "RETRO-LOOK", like the "Tri-POWER" that are fuel injection bodies, if real;

This is just like "Playing Pretend" when we were kid's, except we base all this on real technology.

Here's the pic's :P

Photobucket2008156.jpg

Photobucket2008155.jpg

Photobucket2008159.jpg

Photobucket2008160.jpg

Photobucket2008161.jpg

Photobucket2008162.jpg

Ok Dave, time to calm down a bit........you's got lots o' assembling to do, and you don't wants to mess anyting up now. We's gonna miss the ol' girl without her wheels & tires. Gonna take us awhile to get used to seeing her all purtied up :D:P

I dunno Dave, The closer it comes ta beein done, the more it looks different. It has a......retro-racer look. Like it shoulda been at Le Mans in 66/71 It LOOKS like a race car,kinda like a Cobra Daytona or somethin. Either way, I'm likein it! I think the wheels an tires you pick will be what makes this car, and THAT's sayin ALOT!!! After all the work that you've done, them rollers better be the mook!!! :unsure::D;) Great build!(as usual!) :)

Absolutely Gorgeous Paint Dave!! :D

.............And I love that silhouette from the side! Like George said, it looks like it was meant for the track or somethin'!

You ought to send your ideas to GM........seems as though they could use some inspiration in the styling department in more of their cars these days....................if they make it. :lol:

Hey all :)

Well, got quite a bit done.

Windshield frame and cowl painted, and both windows tinted and installed.

Gas cap got a decal and installed. Brake-light and antenna installed, and the "Corvette decal" applied on the hatch.

Fuel injection emblems applied to the front fenders forward of the door's, and a carbon fiber decal applied to the hood bulge with a red stripe over the top.

That was fun designing that part. Got to be a little "Artsy". :rolleyes:

Got more engine stuff done too, including the carbon fiber valve cover, covers, and some small detail part's on the fender wells, and a few warning and info decals on several key area's.

Thanks for lookin' guy's - dave ;)

Photobucket2008175.jpg

Photobucket2008180.jpg

Photobucket2008181.jpg

Photobucket2008182.jpg

Photobucket2008184.jpg

Photobucket2008167.jpg

Photobucket2008163.jpg

Photobucket2008164.jpg

Looks great Dave, but you need to do something with the back half of the car, Maybe a racing stripe or something, just to break up the yellow a little bit, especially the taillight panel. It looks a little bulky.... Other than that, it looks fantastic!!!!

Edited by Custom Hearse