Model Cars Magazine Forum

Source for Aftermarket Tires and Wheels

2 hours ago, 64SS350 said:

Fireball Modelworks, Scenes Unlimited, I just received some from this guy on ebay...jayswheelsandties1948 and they are top notch also.

I searched for this jayswheelsandtires1948 on ebay and they tell me no such store exists. 

3 hours ago, Miatatom said:

Sometimes the stuff in the kit just isn't what you want to put on the completed kit... I...wondered what are some good sources for tire and wheel sets?

If you don't have anything against eBay, go to their site and click on any random car model kit. 

At the top of the listing, you'll see Toys and Hobbies > Models and Kits > Automotive

Click on Automotive.

When that page opens, type "tires" in the search bar and click "Search" in the blue box.

This is the current search result at 9:24 PM EST, Jan 20, 2022 (it will change every few minutes, as things are sold or listings roll-over). 

https://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_from=R40&_trksid=p2499334.m570.l1313&_nkw=tires&_sacat=262320

Currently there are over 3700 listings for anything you could possibly want.

Edited by Ace-Garageguy
CLARITY and ACCURACY

2 hours ago, Ace-Garageguy said:

If you don't have anything against eBay, go to their site and click on any random car model kit. 

At the top of the listing, you'll see Toys and Hobbies > Models and Kits > Automotive

Click on Automotive.

When that page opens, type "tires" in the search bar and click "Search" in the blue box.

This is the current search result at 9:24 PM EST, Jan 20, 2022

Thanks, Ace, eBay is fine with me. Should have thought of that. 

1 hour ago, 64SS350 said:

Those are certainly nice, but too expensive for wheel sets

Wonderful quality though, and if you want the one perfect set for a very special model, he just might be the place to find it.

I have a few from him you can't get anywhere else.

Both Casey's and Fireball's mentioned above are top quality too.

Edited by Ace-Garageguy
TYPO

4 hours ago, matthijsgrit said:

Be carefull in your search: the "r" from "tires" is not in the sellers name! I google jays and found the ebay store immediately

I thought it was a typo, but apparently the seller also has men's neckwear.....

On 1/21/2022 at 10:26 PM, 89AKurt said:

All I want are the Pirelli CINTURATO™ CN36 found in the Fujimi Ferrari Daytona kit.  Having one kit without tires is enough.

Were those tires also resold by American SATCO?   What was the size shown on their sidewall?

Satco01.jpg