Model Cars Magazine Forum

1949 Ferrari 166

Brudda

2 minutes ago, Brudda said:

Yes absmiami, I have done the research and the covers were not black. They were raw aluminum. As were most of the other parts. The mags in the mfh car have them in the front but in some photos like yours , they were mounted in the rear. I do not know the reason for that. Thank you sir. 

1D1F6276-6589-43A2-A282-C813DC12758A.jpeg

3 hours ago, Brudda said:

I kind of fell into big scale a few years ago with my friend Mark. He needed someone to make kits and I was available at the time. He Works for DeAgostini USA. Did a Toyota 2000 gt( remember the lens was crooked and you helped me with that) and things kind of took off. 

Ah, I see what you mean about 1:24 being small to you now.  I now do remember that crooked lens and you being the builder.  :)  That is a beautiful model!

On 5/17/2022 at 10:52 AM, peteski said:

Ah, I see what you mean about 1:24 being small to you now.  I now do remember that crooked lens and you being the builder.  :)  That is a beautiful model!

Thank you sir. Rear taillight issue fixed, thanks to you! Honestly I did not even see it. But you did and I have received a great deal of kits because of that. 

BF478D05-FAC6-4FDA-9F3B-842F2B30EEEE.jpeg

C6AF4DFB-C15C-47C2-A61B-6735B467DA6E.jpeg

• Thanks 1

11 hours ago, cobraman said:

Looking very good. No way I could handle those springs anymore if I ever could. 😀

Hello Ray! Hey I’m going to paint Marks cobra. Going black, and he is going to put the stripes on it. I guess flat black stripes. Send you pics when we start it. It’s been stripped of paint and primered. We found out ( after building several) that the steering assembly by the firewall may need to be drilled. On the steering colum. Some steering pieces have not been drilled for the screws. So inspect the steering shafts and do the proper drilling before installing. Will save headaches later. And thank you sir. 

The rear suspension installed and extremely modified. The tires sit too far back in the wheel house in the rear. So modifications had to be done. Like to fit this stuff on these mfh kits because even they are really expensive does not mean things will fit. I know, for the price it should fall together, but they do not. But it is comming out. Here is the car and the stance. A true mock-up with the suspension on the car. 

3035C951-C092-487D-B8E4-8C15161C3E73.jpeg

11 hours ago, cobraman said:

Looking very good. No way I could handle those springs anymore if I ever could. 😀

This is what Mark gave me today. We had a meeting and lunch for DeAgostini.  It’s a Shelby GT 500 that’s been abandoned. The customer just gave up on her. Needs several parts. Really important parts. Hope I can find them. But another 1/8 kit. I have no idea where I am going to put it. Been putting them in my daughters room. Since she’s off to college, I can put them in there for now. But anyway here are the abandon pics. 

2BAFE9BB-F253-4375-8040-8900E049E77B.jpeg

F88CA0B1-0C85-4C58-80B4-7644F0D3CD9C.jpeg

5 hours ago, Bugatti Fan said:

Bruce, your model is really taking shape and coming to live now. Look forward to seeing further progress.

Dennis in Winnipeg. You never came back about your 1/14th scale kit if it was made by Marshall Buck's CMA company.

Yes my 1/14th is from Marshall, CMA. Still haven't started it though. Here's just a few cool pictures:

SCANS 008.jpg

makoto_ouchi_ferarri166_pencil4.jpg

FCA%202007%20%2814%29.jpg

slide414.jpg

Thanks for coming back Dennis.

I thought that it was the CMA kit you have. Looks fantastic.

On their website Marshall Buck appears to be developing the ultimate GT40 kit in 1/12th scale. Seems to have been on there forever, so don't know if it will ever be on sale. Better get his skates on before MFH decide to kit it!

On 5/16/2022 at 4:37 PM, absmiami said:

The Barchettas had the early spec V12 with unpainted cam covers - some with - some without - the decrative ribs - about the magnetos - i’m building one w/ the mags mounted to the rear of the block - but i think ive seen photos of one or two that had front mounted - so MFH may have based their 24th sc kit on a car w the front mounts - i think their 12th sc Barchetta - which they produced last yr - has rear mounted magnetos - anyway - yours look good !  I took this photo at a Cavallino event nearly 20 years ago - sometimes you get lucky …

B225BA11-C725-4791-9956-E28BFF140EBA.jpeg

I stand corrected. I guess my memory is not what it used to be. ;)

On 5/24/2022 at 6:05 PM, mrm said:

I stand corrected. I guess my memory is not what it used to be. ;)

No worries. The truth is that I was going to paint the covers wrinkled black, but my friend said I should take a look , at the internet pics , and I was surprised what I saw. 

1 hour ago, Brudda said:

Well fitting again. Body on, fitting seats. Fitting spare tire and gas tank. Some things fit and some do not on a mfh kit. Always checking and watching for mfh surprises. 

8813AA01-F525-47D6-AE51-34832DAB3BB4.jpeg

BF3195F0-4F04-4B80-90F8-DBAF6B639745.jpeg

259EF4A0-451A-441C-B722-B725E7931336.jpeg

image.jpg

432430E0-C38A-439C-AA84-E308EC421DB1.jpeg

765FF908-69D8-4676-803A-ED55D2B5F34B.jpeg