Model Cars Magazine Forum

Who doesn't love a mock-up? Let's see yours!

Belairconvertable

17 hours ago, Misha said:

Hi Wayne, yes indeed it is the snapper kit of the 57. Quite like this kit and by swapping out the modern Halibrand style wheels (saving them for a future project) with the R/M 67 Vette Coupe rims I was able to stay with the story of the original owner’s 1969 rebuild with the vinyl top, new paint and suspension upgrade with front discs and the Vette rims. Here is the WIP thread…

While it is stalled on the workbench, there is still some work to complete on the interior and chrome trim all around, which I’m hesitant to attempt because of the issues with the current BMF. Hope to have it Under Glass shortly. By the way the 67 Coupe is about to be rereleased.

Cheers Misha

Thanks for the information..going to be a nice model when finished..

• Like 1

Stance to my view is very important. IMO, that can make or break a good model. When I'm doing replica stock, I'll do mock ups many times during a WIP to make sure the model is not sitting too high or too low. Here's a couple.........the 'Vette I've since finished, and the Shelby is still ongoing. I also consider wheel/tire placement to go hand in hand with stance. Wheels and tires that stick out waaaay too far is a huge turnoff, while ones that sit too inboard don't appear correct to me in certain cars.

P1016424-vi.jpg
Shelby3-vi.png

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

My favourite part of modeling. Opening a new kit and testing out ideas before I even decide if I will build it and what direction it will go in.

My last mock up was the Aoshima LB Walk Lambo with some Aoshima aftermarket wheels. 

BeY2pAX.jpg

5798lJM.jpg

No idea how I’ll build it when the weather is favourable but the tri spoke mags would work. 

• Like 2

Some very nice ideas here !!

Here are a few of mine:

Revell Land Rover, finished meanwhile:

IMG-20210129-165814.jpg

Volvo Amazon, P121 (1/18th DieCast) shuold become a hillclimb racer:

IMG-20200808-154434.jpg

Chevrolet Chevy argentinian Turismo Carratera racing series:

IMG-20210505-152656.jpg

Edited by Michael F
  • Like 7

Here's one that was over on Scale Auto. I don't think I ever posted it here, but I'll be looking.

It's a mockup for a real '31 Ford roadster on '32 rails, 240 Z-car power with a Porsche 944 torque-tube, Z independent rear suspension, a rear-mounted Porsche 944 Turbo gearbox, and Porsche 911/914 torsion bar front suspension and brakes...a project intended to use up some junk in the shed.

A later iteration shows the same thing with a little V8 Chebby.

DSCN4751.webp.6521fce1885720564c2e5ad6553adee0.webp

DSCN7874.webp.13e3dd74ce7fa9aecdf0d78cbacfc260.webp

• Like 3

Some fresh quick drops with some nice vintage plastic, merc is a 1980 issue Barris custom and the ford shoebox is a 1975 issue. 
love the good castings and lack of excessive flash on these early kits.

Both will be ground huggers and curb sides.

01A3DD1C-4538-4941-8C17-62B63A5A3512.jpeg

Edited by Bullybeef
Tiypio
  • Like 2

19 minutes ago, Ace-Garageguy said:

Here's one that was over on Scale Auto. I don't think I ever posted it here, but I'll be looking.

It's a mockup for a real '31 Ford roadster on '32 rails, 240 Z-car power with a Porsche 944 torque-tube, Z independent rear suspension, a rear-mounted Porsche 944 Turbo gearbox, and Porsche 911/914 torsion bar front suspension and brakes...a project intended to use up some junk in the shed.

A later iteration shows the same thing with a little V8 Chebby.

DSCN4751.webp.6521fce1885720564c2e5ad6553adee0.webp

DSCN7874.webp.13e3dd74ce7fa9aecdf0d78cbacfc260.webp

Nice to see some of your stuff again Bill! Hopefully the move went well and you get some bench time.

• Like 1