Model Cars Magazine Forum

Who doesn't love a mock-up? Let's see yours!

Belairconvertable

36 minutes ago, Cool Hand said:

Stance looks spot on mate. That 1500 black surfacer sure does lay down super smooth. Whats the plan for colour ??

I ruined the Model Master paint job, it dried with a lot of orange peal. So I sprayed Mr Hobby 1500 surfacer straight over the top and now it’s smooth again. 

No plans, I was even considering leaving it flat black. Wheels are OOB with no paint. I had only painted the brakes. 

RcplyRV.jpg

Okay, Bullybeef, that 49 Mercury in your top picture fascinates me for some reason. It seems to be missing the trunk and the hood, but it creates an interesting profile - very sleek looking. Time to whip out one of my 49 Mercs, and get to looking at it a little closer. 

54 minutes ago, SSNJim said:

Okay, Bullybeef, that 49 Mercury in your top picture fascinates me for some reason. It seems to be missing the trunk and the hood, but it creates an interesting profile - very sleek looking. Time to whip out one of my 49 Mercs, and get to looking at it a little closer. 

It’s an old issue Amt kit, I guess it may be the angle, the hood is on, but the trunk lid has fallen, and now looking at the picture versus sitting in front of it, I can see the profile change and yes it does look very sleek even with a stock height roofline! 

Drug out some old Johan repops I bought from Oakey Spaulding a few years back at the DuPage show and worked on them when it comes to getting things ready for primer, all are dropped over Pegasus wheels and narrow whites

’56 Plymouth Belvedere 4dr on the Sovereign-Ts

930C39C4-59FA-44E4-AF54-EFD20B3CD81A.jpeg.f85ec53a7ac0cd28bbd9d5d497bb6c31.jpeg

’59 Rambler Wagon on Chrome Reverse Wheels

3B8830F8-F9D9-45FF-AF5F-396EBC5FF6D5.jpeg.cb0c734c1fefa674cde025a2157187ae.jpeg

Chrysler Turbine Car, also dropped over Sovereign-Ts

F46392F9-939F-4578-BDBC-FA141ACF7E70.jpeg.51f59f096166665e94125322d8d473f3.jpeg