Model Cars Magazine Forum

Who doesn't love a mock-up? Let's see yours!

Belairconvertable

This kit I bought for my daughter 3yrs ago. She started to paint it black and it didn't turn out the way she wanted to. So in purple bath and back in the box. She didn't want anything to do with it. "It's ruined!" Plus it's a snap kit, "That's for kids!" On the shelf it has sat. 

Drove by the High school and saw a gen1 prius that had a cardboard widebody taped to it(stock wheels & tires) with a 4' wing on it. I was lol so hard I didn't get to take a pic of it. After I got home and settled down from my laugh, I saw a dusty kit she gave up on.

VALA... From a good laugh to a mock-up...

20220828_153920.jpg

20220828_153953.jpg

• Like 1

Just now, KC FitiWerks said:

This kit I bought for my daughter 3yrs ago. She started to paint it black and it didn't turn out the way she wanted to. So in purple bath and back in the box. She didn't want anything to do with it. "It's ruined!" Plus it's a snap kit, "That's for kids!" On the shelf it has sat. 

Drove by the High school and saw a gen1 prius that had a cardboard widebody taped to it(stock wheels & tires) with a 4' wing on it. I was lol so hard I didn't get to take a pic of it. After I got home and settled down from my laugh, I saw a dusty kit she gave up on.

VALA... From a good laugh to a mock-up...

20220828_153920.jpg

20220828_153953.jpg

Aoshima 1/32 scale Prius

12 minutes ago, Keef said:

AMT 68 Shelby GT500 mixed with the Revell 68 GT 2n1 kit

1D6B690C-BD1B-4F25-B3A1-175AF74AD4F8.jpeg

196E2820-8E45-463B-9656-E0DD945BA770.jpeg

43A298B9-CFB6-468E-9768-7BE44B09EB29.jpeg

I like the chassis replacement.  The only downside is the cost of two kits for the conversion.  It would be so nice if Round2 upgraded all their promo style chassis to more realistic ones.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, vamach1 said:

I like the chassis replacement.  The only downside is the cost of two kits for the conversion.  It would be so nice if Round2 upgraded all their promo style chassis to more realistic ones.

I know what you mean. I got lucky and have less in these 2 kits than if I bought 1 new one. I was sitting here staring at my stash and thought “Hmmmm I wonder” next thing I know here I am lol

2 hours ago, Keef said:

I know what you mean. I got lucky and have less in these 2 kits than if I bought 1 new one. I was sitting here staring at my stash and thought “Hmmmm I wonder” next thing I know here I am lol

I hear you.  I think I paid $10 for most of the 68 Shelby kits I bought over the years and the newer AMT 67/68 fastbacks about $15.  HRM made a resin convertible version which combined the best of both kits but it was not cheap.  The 67 vs. 68 interiors are a little different but for a street machine like yours it’s only something the purists will notice.  😉

1030397E-18B7-494A-801C-E052949F3EFD.jpeg

271C4F41-3621-47EA-8F5E-8AA63BA4666C.jpeg

Edited by vamach1
Pics
  • Like 1