Model Cars Magazine Forum

Who doesn't love a mock-up? Let's see yours!

Belairconvertable

3 hours ago, Perspective Customs said:

Johan '65 Rambler with Revell '68 Charger wheels and Modelhaus tires. Will be built stock. I'd like to get your opinions please.

Thanks IMG_20230429_021005025.thumb.jpg.35f2c415f69f8d0cecb7f3243ec99d3f.jpg

If that was my build, I’d drop the nose to where the top of the wheel arch just meets the top of the wheel, like it does at the rear.

But…it’s not my build, so as you were! 🤪

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Perspective Customs said:

Johan '65 Rambler with Revell '68 Charger wheels and Modelhaus tires. Will be built stock. I'd like to get your opinions please.

Thanks IMG_20230429_021005025.thumb.jpg.35f2c415f69f8d0cecb7f3243ec99d3f.jpg

Like the stock look. I used to do the service work on a Rebel model during the late '60's. The owner had ordered it with a 290 V8 and a 4-speed. A lot faster than you would think and road manners to match. Resist the urge to put a vinyl roof on this and make it a solid color. His was sort of a dark turquoise. Maybe Google the 1:1 and look at what the color pallet offered at that time. 

6 hours ago, espo said:

Like the stock look. I used to do the service work on a Rebel model during the late '60's. The owner had ordered it with a 290 V8 and a 4-speed. A lot faster than you would think and road manners to match. Resist the urge to put a vinyl roof on this and make it a solid color. His was sort of a dark turquoise. Maybe Google the 1:1 and look at what the color pallet offered at that time. 

I was on the fence about the vinyl top but have decided against it. Also thinking about turquoise.

2 hours ago, Limeyglue said:

Been gathering parts for this 34 Ford. So far got a 32 front crossmember and axle and a model A rear crossmember and a Halibrand quick change rear. The wheels are 3d printed resin kidney beans.

20230506_174340.jpg

20230506_174321.jpg

That looks awesome already!  Like the Topolino in back too!

• Like 2

On 4/29/2023 at 7:03 PM, Perspective Customs said:

Will be built stock. I'd like to get your opinions please

Stance looks quite nice, really. Color choice will be EVERYTHING! Looking forward to seeing this one.

• Thanks 1

I took the time to look through all of the posts in this thread and feel like it represents the dreams, imagination, and skills of the folks in this forum. Great stuff.

That said, here's my modest contribution.

The original plan was to add a blower but decided against it.

IMG_20230513_094655956_HDR.jpg

• Like 8

8 hours ago, MeatMan said:

I took the time to look through all of the posts in this thread and feel like it represents the dreams, imagination, and skills of the folks in this forum. Great stuff.

That said, here's my modest contribution.

The original plan was to add a blower but decided against it.

IMG_20230513_094655956_HDR.jpg

That’s awesome!  Who made the resin body?

22 minutes ago, MeatMan said:

Thanks! It's a Jimmy Flintstone. It came with a track nose and hood but I butchered them.

I wonder if it was the Flintstone piece - looks great!  I’d been meaning to pull the trigger on one of those…thanks for posting up the pic!

On 4/30/2023 at 8:04 PM, CabDriver said:

Something I’ve been (very) casually working on for a few weeks:

IMG_8312.thumb.jpeg.3bc76f3c85bc012b37a29af494446cbf.jpeg

OK, now that's just weird Jim!  Delightfully weird.

I'd love to see where you go with this one.

David G.