Model Cars Magazine Forum

Who doesn't love a mock-up? Let's see yours!

Belairconvertable

21 hours ago, 1972coronet said:

CANCELLED ! Right into the Stack of Doom with a couple of other fiddly-P.I.T.A. kits. 

I honestly don't know how in the _____ anyone has managed to assemble that horribly-engineered chunk-of-______ interior without smashing that stupid thing to bits! 

INEXCUSABLE for a new(er) kit! What the actual ______ were the designers & engineers thinking when they designed & engineered that godawful pile of horse dung ?!??!!!? 

I have Z-E-R-O patience for trash that doesn't fit-together -- no tolerance whatsoever. 

IF this were an older kit (MPC, AMT, et al.) that's been reissued ad nauseam (AMT 1953 F-100 for example), I know what I'm in for: lots of filing, sanding, truing-up, and other tasks involved in building a kit that was present when the Red Sea was parted. BUT, something from c.1998, which was all-new tooling then, and hasn't been reissued more than Disney pumps-out Star Wars spinoffs and pre-sequels-generations poodle poop, there's NO excuse for garbage with NO positive attachment points.

This mother is OFF the DESK.

CANCELLED-el-camino-17feb2022.jpg.d5d5c6776f07e5d16d7db028e36f0aae.jpg

I built that same kit a couple of years ago.Other than some problems with the interior going into the body I didn’t have any trouble with it.I was looking forward to seeing your Elcamino finished up.

Edited by catpack68
  • Like 2

5 hours ago, catpack68 said:

I built that [ 1968 El Camino ] a couple of years ago. Other than some problems with the interior going into the body I didn’t have any trouble with it.I was looking forward to seeing your Elcamino finished up.

I just need a cool-off period. Everything else is going together so well; that interior assembly is such a pain. My plan is to assemble the dash/door cards/ rear bulkhead , then slide that assembly into the cab. I've given up trying to affix those parts to the interior floor pan; the pan fits-in in such a way that it covers completely any "enhancements" (tape, etc.) from view once it's in-place.