Model Cars Magazine Forum

68 Ambassador restomod

yellowsportwagon

3 hours ago, Dodge Driver said:

Great job on the mods while staying true to the factory look.

Thanks man! I feel most sixties car look their best before some yahoo starts messing with the body. I feel if they sit right with  the right wheels and some modernizing of the suspension and engine that’s all they need. 

• Like 2

Beautiful looking build. When built in this fashion you can see just how good looking these cars were if done correctly. I like the NASCAR chassis as this also gives a nice stance and suspension. The paint finish and color along with the trim details look great. 

37 minutes ago, Sportabout said:

This is cool AMC and very clean build.
Very smart decision to change the chassis because Jo-Han used wrong coil spring and torque tube rear suspension in this model although '68 Ambassador used open driveshaft and four-link axle-location system.

True I forgot about that part

Dude that is wicked awesome!  Great choice in going with a NASCAR chassis, that stance is just right.  I'm in agreement with leaving the body alone (though I'm usually ok with some small mods) when restomodding cars from this era, suspension, wheels/tires, and engine are all that is needed.  

16 minutes ago, satterwhite78 said:

Beautiful!  Hadn't seen any posting of late but knew something good was gonna come out of your garage!

Chuck I haven been as motivated as usual since I had my shoulder rebuilt. Not because of the shoulder just not in the mood I guess. But it’s coming back and I’ve got a metric ton of unfinished projects!!