Model Cars Magazine Forum

Mini Tubbed chassis & interior for Revell '69 Camaro

Another brand new offering from Reliable Resin. The frame rails were painstaking moved inward to open up the wheel tubs for bigger rear tires. The 12-Bolt diff was narrowed accordingly as was the fuel tank. Also available is an interior tub with the wheel tubs widened to fit the chassis. The chassis will fit in any 1:25 scale '67-81 F-Body model with minor trimming and the interior will fit any '67-69 F-Body kit with minor trimming. The Revell '69 Camaro rear leaf springs and front suspension are also required if building any other F-Body with these parts.

bitmap48428-vi.jpg

bitmap48414-vi.jpg

69Camarominitub2-vi.jpg

bitmap48426-vi.jpg

69Camarominitub3-vi.jpg

Tires on the mock up are Reliable's new Street Meats #2, but nearly any wide tire short of a full pro street tire will fit. Pegasus 23's and the wide Aoshima 18's fit beautifully as would the large Goodyears found in the AMT Wagon Rod and like kits.

• 2 weeks later...

Hey Marc, have they updated their website? I'd like to get a lot of this stuff when I get settled in Florida but I can't locate these items on the site. I'm still gonna get those wheels from ya as well! Once I get settled in I'm gonna be a model-building fool! :):D:lol::lol:

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 5 months later...
Another brand new offering from Reliable Resin. The frame rails were painstaking moved inward to open up the wheel tubs for bigger rear tires. The 12-Bolt diff was narrowed accordingly as was the fuel tank. Also available is an interior tub with the wheel tubs widened to fit the chassis. The chassis will fit in any 1:25 scale '67-81 F-Body model with minor trimming and the interior will fit any '67-69 F-Body kit with minor trimming. The Revell '69 Camaro rear leaf springs and front suspension are also required if building any other F-Body with these parts.

bitmap48428-vi.jpg

bitmap48414-vi.jpg

69Camarominitub2-vi.jpg

bitmap48426-vi.jpg

69Camarominitub3-vi.jpg

Tires on the mock up are Reliable's new Street Meats #2, but nearly any wide tire short of a full pro street tire will fit. Pegasus 23's and the wide Aoshima 18's fit beautifully as would the large Goodyears found in the AMT Wagon Rod and like kits.

We've been a lil' Busy w/ the New "Partners" besides MPC Motorsports ,,,, we have an other new designer on board ...... "DB Designz" making contributions

Keep a look out for the New Items from both these Entites

However , once the dust settles here in the shop , ( I just Shop Vac's 4 lbs of Flash LOL B) )

I'll have this Chassis & misc components , as well as that Cuda Mini Tub in RUBBER !!!!!

Lots a NEW Stuff for the Christmas Wish Lists :huh:

Build On !

Don

• 2 years later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...

Attn: GM Pro Touring / Pro Street > guys

It has been brought to my attn. by a few builders who've recv'd their Resin Chassis's

that this Minitub chassis *also kits the 67/68 AMT Camaro,as well as the AMT 70 1/2 Camaro Z~28 / Bladwin Motion kits, w/ a very simple modification *Cutting / Dremeling off the Front Wheel Wells off at the frame (which are cast in from the 69 Revel Camaro kit chassis)

And also Great News, ( bonus ) it fits right under the 70 Chevelle AMT kit , from what I'm told " like a glove "

*Thinking 68 > 72 Chevelle's ,,,, Javelins ... ??!!

This chassis is turning out to "pretty much fit" just 'bout every GM 1968 > 81 bodies !!!

( *darn' Marc, humm 57 Chevy , you are GOOD ! )

Mini Tub up under the 67/68 Firebird

V

Thank you all here who've sent me emails in ref. to this chassis's options :D

Haven't really had much time to "play w/ it" ( LOL ) I've been a lil' preoccupied , pourin'/pkg'g & filling orders , now that the Weather's a lil' better here in the Mid Atlanic(they're calling for 60's this wkd) :P

I'll be posting pic's over on Facebook , & since this piece has been so popular ,

I have a few more Pro Street / Pro Stock surprise pkgs on deck / ready for Rubber this wkd !

pics on Facebook : Reliable Resin

1970-chevelle-pro-street.jpg

Edited by Reliable Resin

Dang.

The face book photos are awesome!

Any plans for a Duster? It would make a great Pro Stock chassis!

Looking forward to using the wheel package we talked about!

Great Idea Roger : ( & thanks for the complements )

We are working on a Big Tub "Back 1/2" so that anyone can Big Tub the rear of any chassis of they want, many really like this "Mini Tub"

Just ck'd this Mini Tub Chassis under a few MOPAR bodies , "WORKS WELL" wheel base basically the same , although it's based GM chassis, w/ very subtile modifications to front wheel well area, she's a very nice chassis pkg for > Pro Street / Pro Stock / Pro Touring & Trans Am !!!

*Thank you all for your *suggestions to Great alternative applications for this chassis ;)

Hey Don

Was really digging the photos on facebook.

When are the chassis available? I am in for two.

Thanks!

Thanks Roger ,

Seeing as your building 70's P/S

Might I suggest "1 of the 2" of the Big Tub Chassis Back 1/2's

#1 > Is more toward the Pro Street / Pro Touring w/ various suspension options & different rear i.e.. Heavy Duty , Dana 60 etc... ( seen in the FB album )

#2 > Is more designed more toward P/S race w/ a basic 4 Link , *again w/ various rears

I'll be posting the #2 pkg "4 Link" *ASAP* , over there on our Reliable Resin FB Albums ( for now )

& "YES" I know I have to LABEL the Photo's of the different pkgs , over there in that Album

Edited by Reliable Resin