Model Cars Magazine Forum

Meng f350

1 hour ago, Plowboy said:

I think the problem with Meng kits is they're overpriced and not done very well. The F-350's are commanding prices on ebay that rival the old annual kits. The last one I had on watch brought  $189.00 plus shipping and it was opened. 

Overpriced, perhaps. Not done very well, disagree. I bought all three kits at their respective releases and while the prices were on the higher end for a 1/24 passenger vehicle kit, I would say overall that the price matched the content quality. I know that Meng had some discrepancies with the actual vehicles they were based on, but nothing that couldn't be easily corrected. I just wish they had continued making kits in this product line, since they were making kits that no one else had made yet.

23 hours ago, Jordan White said:

Overpriced, perhaps. Not done very well, disagree. I bought all three kits at their respective releases and while the prices were on the higher end for a 1/24 passenger vehicle kit, I would say overall that the price matched the content quality. I know that Meng had some discrepancies with the actual vehicles they were based on, but nothing that couldn't be easily corrected. I just wish they had continued making kits in this product line, since they were making kits that no one else had made yet.

Agree to disagree. I bought two of the F-350s when they came out. For the cost, I expected much better than what I got.