Model Cars Magazine Forum

Kelsey-Hayes Logo

2 hours ago, afx said:

Sorry I am looking for the logo for the sticker on the fender behind the front wheel.  Trying to create a decal.

It’s an odd duck for sure.  All the decals I have seen online are the same with the logo whereas this one looks to be text with a brake caliper.

That photo is very small.  Which part of the "stuff" behind the wheel opening is the logo you are looking for?  Or the entire cluster of object is the logo?

I blown it up and this is the best I can come up with.  You can barely make out the words. Not sure what the other graphics are.  The actual K-H logo might just be the lettering and the round object.  The other objects might be another logo

66sebring12hr.jpg.54d8aa12ad6e7f6641e0c2f94d4d1158.jpg

Maybe instead of searching for the logo look for other photos of the race cars from that time period for higher resolution of the logo? That foto is from 1966 Sebring competition. When searching for logo, this is the one that pops up most often:

kelsey-hayes-logo-219ECDDB9E-seeklogo.co

Edited by peteski

48 minutes ago, peteski said:

That photo is very small.  Which part of the "stuff" behind the wheel opening is the logo you are looking for?  Or the entire cluster of object is the logo?

I blown it up and this is the best I can come up with.  You can barely make out the words. Not sure what the other graphics are.  The actual K-H logo might just be the lettering and the round object.  The other objects might be another logo

66sebring12hr.jpg.54d8aa12ad6e7f6641e0c2f94d4d1158.jpg

Maybe instead of searching for the logo look for other photos of the race cars from that time period for higher resolution of the logo? That foto is from 1966 Sebring competition. When searching for logo, this is the one that pops up most often:

kelsey-hayes-logo-219ECDDB9E-seeklogo.co

The art in the logo looks like a brake rotor and caliper to me, with the caliper at the 12 O/clock position.

Something similar to this but with a simpler, dark caliper at the top.

Brake Repair in Mays Landing, NJ | Kneble's Auto Service Center

Edited by Can-Con

2 hours ago, Can-Con said:

The art in the logo looks like a brake rotor and caliper to me, with the caliper at the 12 O/clock position.

Something similar to this but with a simpler, dark caliper at the top.

Yeah, I can see that now. Maybe even at 11 o'clock position.   We still don't know whether the other graphics (on the left) belong to the K-H logo, or are for another sponsor.

4cf6e0c02ef27_61307b.jpg

On 1/23/2022 at 1:35 PM, afx said:

Sorry I am looking for the logo for the sticker on the fender behind the front wheel.  Trying to create a decal.

Sorry I goofed..😔

Ok, could this be it???...

s-l400-12.jpg

s-l400-13.jpg

Guess not... I'm on a roll todey....🙄

Edited by deuces wild

1 hour ago, deuces wild said:

Sorry I goofed..😔

Ok, could this be it???...

s-l400-12.jpg

s-l400-13.jpg

Guess not... I'm on a roll todey....🙄

Right company and it does look like an ad for their discs brakes but the logo is a different style.

Hey guys,

thank you all for your help. I think this is a disc brake with caliper nearly on top. I will go with this and try to replicate it.

7 hours ago, afx said:

The Comstock Racing's Mustangs appear to have the same decal but still can't make it out clearly.

271780361 3715950151964797 6077890120071522933 nCapture

The first pic showes it well enough for me. Rico

• Like 1