Model Cars Magazine Forum

How about a laugh?

Ace-Garageguy

A bit different in that you need to listen to it. It was a Pink Floyd /Roger Waters spoof put on by a DJ many years ago. It is in somewhat Pittsburghese but not full blown.

Edited by DPNM

How many pit-bull owners does it take to change a light bulb?

Two: one to say it isn't burned out, and one to say it wouldn't have burned out if you hadn't teased it!

I made that one up, within 15-minutes after having a young female PB sink her teeth into my left hand.

I was delivering paint and body-shop stuff to a shop, and didn't see the dog, but a mini-dog was pulling on my pants cuff while my arms were full of a 40-lb. box of paint.  As it set it down, the PB struck -- and the owner was saying 'She don't bite!'  Ah -- so how does she eat?  Wick  Was not fun~!

Mr. James.... I can understand getting bit by any dog isn't much fun, but please don't hate on the pittie because of it's ignorant owner. It was only following the lead of the small dog, who usually are the ones you have to watch out for. I've known quite a few pitts, and the good ones outnumber the bad. Small dogs, on the other hand, will bite you in a second!

;)

• Haha 1

TJ,

Thanks for the 'sympathy' -- I guess that's your contribution to 'How about a laugh?"  I didn't, and now feel somewhat worse for your defense of 'pitties'.

I'm not a dog hater, but I hate to be bitten! And I think humans come before other animals - no joke.  When I was two, a collie put a tooth through my eyelid; I was trying to give him a 'love'.  Then a little toy poodle, and a Scottie, both of which the owners denied.  "The light bulb wasn't burned out."

Enough.  It depends on who got bit, I guess; I didn't bite the dog.  THAT would've been a laugh, huh?

PS, Call me "Wick", as in James Wickersham Humble. age 77.

Wick, it's not good to be bitten by a dog no matter which breed it is. It's sad that you had to experience it. It occurs to me that if you were wearing shorts the mini-dog may have gotten hold of something else on your person as you said it was pulling on your pants cuff. This could have been worse.

21 hours ago, W Humble said:

but a mini-dog was pulling on my pants cuff

The way I am understanding your joke is one person at the shop said the dog didn't bite you.

5 hours ago, W Humble said:

"The light bulb wasn't burned out."

While another said it bit you because you teased it.

21 hours ago, W Humble said:

and one to say it wouldn't have burned out if you hadn't teased it!

Did the bite draw blood or leave teeth marks? If it did could you not have called the authorities? Be that the police or perhaps the local chapter of PITA? I was a FedEx delivery driver. I know full well that there are an over abundance of dog owners who should not be one. I never got bit but I know some guys that I worked with who did, quite often after they were told the dog doesn't bite. One driver that got a monetary settlement for his bite. 

Although I guess your attempt was at sarcasm, I'm sorry, I fail to see the humor for this thread. This reads more like an Irk and there is a thread for that. It seems to me that thread would have been the one to post your experience on.

Edited by DPNM

Jim, et al: I guess I hit a nerve, huh?  The joke was a gag/riddle, and it was original with me.  Would it be too extreme to say I wasn't dog PC?

I thought it was sorta' subtle and funny; sorry the topic ruined it for you-- does that make you dog apologists? :-<)

I'm old, yes, and old school; I believe my right to not have four tooth-marks in my hand is more important than an animal's right to put teeth into it.  If you find a PB so easy to forgive, perhaps you can forgive me? 

The owner was lucky I didn't want a settlement, huh? Of course she wouldn't bite him!~ Gosh!  I'm not coming back to this thread.  Wick