Model Cars Magazine Forum

'49 Woodie - family hot rod

customline

My Daughter gave me this kit one Christmas a decade or so ago. I cannot understand why Revell equipped this classic woodie  with only a Cadillac engine. But so be it. After taking some of these today, I discovered a few things I neglected to do (as is my habit, hurrying to get the next kit started)

See if you can spot them. You may find more than I did ! 🥴 help me out!IMG_1752.jpg.c3b7b367d09cd0e578b09e1b62f9e7e1.jpgIMG_1753.jpg.8077de0d0dffe2a98af560c83082544f.jpgIMG_1754.thumb.jpg.c382d0cb03abd943bf0bd137d73a240b.jpgIMG_1758.jpg.1c107c5fd2ecc7f28bf4401cbf65c306.jpgIMG_1759.jpg.bb89e548d0c3009edaa4257ac00246d9.jpgIMG_1347.thumb.jpg.9b1df3d5baa58934650c1dfd2bd748c2.jpgIMG_1757.jpg.8e1b8efe8d56b28a8fc2f1f1c1c6e33c.jpgIMG_1337.jpg.48dfd48d6bcf4591e010722e6652fed3.jpgIMG_1338.thumb.jpg.84080867c8b27e221d9b6da4e90ae6f0.jpg

IMG_1755.jpg

IMG_1756.jpg

IMG_1336.jpg

IMG_1341.jpg

IMG_1346.jpg

• Like 2

Beautiful looking woody. I wish they would reissue this kit and maybe offer a nice hopped-up flathead as well. The finish and colors on the wood trim look realistic. Other than heater hoses I didn't notice anything missing.  

3 hours ago, espo said:

Beautiful looking woody. I wish they would reissue this kit and maybe offer a nice hopped-up flathead as well. The finish and colors on the wood trim look realistic. Other than heater hoses I didn't notice anything missing.  

OK, the California tags would indicate nice warm weather precluding the need for a heater which was probably an option in '49. 😁 . Next!......I'm joking....good eye 🤓! There's more....

4 hours ago, thatz4u said:

steering shaft & gearbox?? the AMT 49 Merc Flathead fits the Revell 49 nicely..

Hmmmm....I don't see the steering shaft, good call👍. Not sure about the gear box though. Hard to see but I'll check the model. it's not just missing stuff, there's things I just forgot to do. It's embarrassing 😕. And YES! A flathead! 

Edited by customline
Spelling

Love that color, and this is a very sweet looking model! (Now I need one) One thing that bothers me is the back bumper; how does one lower the tailgate onto those bumper guards without destroying the license plate and/or the tailgate itself? 😁

9 hours ago, Russell C said:

Forgot to throw the surf boards in the back?

Ya know, I have a bunch of those in my parts boxes somewhere. If I was a diorama guy I could set up my own surf shop. 🏄‍♂️.  I've got the AMT '41 to build and it lends itself to a surf woody quite well. Weathered and rusty with bald tires and 3 or 4 long boards sticking out the back which, of course,  is full of empty Coors cans 🥴. Where can I get some of those? 

8 hours ago, bisc63 said:

Love that color, and this is a very sweet looking model! (Now I need one) One thing that bothers me is the back bumper; how does one lower the tailgate onto those bumper guards without destroying the license plate and/or the tailgate itself? 😁

Thanks, Rusty, it's a great kit but to make it work I had to stretch my abilities.  What about those stupid tail lights? An afterthought to be sure.

43 minutes ago, NOBLNG said:

Fine looking Woodie!👍I do like that colour on it.

That color was criticized by an unnamed person in my house but I agree with you. This color was chosen according to what I had in stock. I think it was Krylon "color master" "gloss bright idea".....seriously,  that's what they call it.  Black would have really made the woodwork pop but I can never make my black paint jobs look good. 😒 That's something I should work on. Thanks, Greg.  🙂

11 minutes ago, carrucha said:

Nice work on the woody.  I wished they included a flathead in this kit.

You and me both, Hector, you and me both! They went through the trouble of creating a new body but they couldn't come up with a stock engine for it? Unbelievable. Thanks for your comments!