Model Cars Magazine Forum

Monza GT Corvair Completed

Joe Lange

3 hours ago, bisc63 said:

Pretty sharp! Was there a WIP thread? I missed it if so. Love that metallic gray color; very classy look.

Hi Rusty,  I'm not very computer savy so I'm still learning how to navigate the Forum.  I added some pics to my original post and this is my new and last posting on the car.  Thanks for the complements.

2 hours ago, Kah puts said:

Wow, what a interesting car, I see a lot of different things going on, you've done a fantastic job, who made this kit ,kudos. 

Hi Glen,  It is an old 1/24 Tamiya kit.  However, I did a lot of scratch building to get it here.  See my original post,  'Monza GT Corvair'.  Thanks for the comments

1 hour ago, Bainford said:

Wow, very cool! I always thought the Corvair Monza show car was particularly interesting. Nice clean work on this one. I don't recall ever seeing one of these built before. Is this a plastic kit?

Hi Trevor,  Thanks for the complements.  It's a kit, but definitely not an 'out of the box' build.  See my reply to member Kah Puts for details.