Model Cars Magazine Forum

69 Torino finished(almost)

Tuckerb

I used the Bobby Allison Coca Cola liveries from his charger. Around the same era and he drove a Torino too. I like the white coke and the gold numbers. Let me know if I should raise the Gold 12 up a little.(this is my 4th build so any tips are welcome)

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

• Like 2

If I were building it, yes, I would have put the "12" on the doors up slightly higher.  It looks fine the way you built, but I like the decals for the cars from that era up a little closer to the window opening.  MOST of the time the drivers name went on the roof edge just above the drivers seat.  For your fourth build, you did a nice job!  Keep at it!!

• Like 1

4 hours ago, sflam123 said:

If I were building it, yes, I would have put the "12" on the doors up slightly higher.  It looks fine the way you built, but I like the decals for the cars from that era up a little closer to the window opening.  MOST of the time the drivers name went on the roof edge just above the drivers seat.  For your fourth build, you did a nice job!  Keep at it!!

Thank you!

3 hours ago, Lowlife ! ! said:

Nice build i like it !

Im researching Nascars as i know nothing about them, for an upcoming build...

But are the roof numbers upside down ?

Thank you! The numbers are at that angle so you can see them better when looking from the side.

13 hours ago, Lowlife ! ! said:

Nice build i like it !

Yes, for a typical NASCAR build the roof numbers should be such that the bottom of the number is read from drivers side of the car.  In very early NASCAR, there were variations, but once the sport evolved in the latter 50's the numbering became more standardized.  

Edited by sflam123

21 hours ago, Lowlife ! ! said:

Nice build i like it !

Yes, he put them upside down. Bottom of the number faces the driver's door and some are set at angles. But it's made so the score keeper can read the roof numbers from the pit road side of the track.

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/7/2022 at 8:01 AM, dwc43 said:

Yes, he put them upside down. Bottom of the number faces the driver's door and some are set at angles. But it's made so the score keeper can read the roof numbers from the pit road side of the track.

Oops lol. 

• Haha 1

Apologies for the question I asked Lee,  I didn`t mean to pick flaws with your build I was just curious...

Ive just started my first nascar build , and Im still unfamiliar with a lot of things Nascar related..   

It really is a nice build, and I hope I didn`t offend you !     

• Thanks 1