Model Cars Magazine Forum

Favorite Live Album

afx

12 minutes ago, Mike C. said:

Huge Dead Can Dance fan. Used to listen to them back in the 80s and my girfriend at the time used to say Brendan Perry sounded like Frank Sinatra. 😄

His baritone reminds me of Jim Morrison.

Edited by afx
  • Like 1

I once heard a story that Sinatra heard Morrison and said "whos this kid rippin' me off. Find him and have his legs broken".😆 Supposedly, Morrison was quite flattered.

I was always surprised that DCD was never a thousand times as big as the are. I always liked this performance. One of the rare times hes not playing some sort of medieval instrument nobody knows how to play anymore.

Edited by Mike C.
  • Like 2

• 4 weeks later...

Queen " live killers" 

Rainbow " finyl vinyl " 

Black Sabbath " live at last

And " live evil"

If I remember correctly, the first Kiss live album wasn't live. It was put together in the studio to give fans a feel for what a live concert would sound like. In a interview with Gene Simmons, he said ...

" the only thing live on that album was the drums".

• 4 months later...

I don't believe this ever made it onto any album. Paul Weller has been known for over 40 years now for writing some of the greatest lyrics ever. It's easy to overlook just what an amazing guitar player he is. He really uncorks it at about 3:35 in this performance from the 1994 Glastonbury festival.