Model Cars Magazine Forum

71 Duster stocker

Glen Powers

On 2/20/2022 at 8:45 PM, larman said:

Excellent job! Love the details and the engine looks great!

On 2/20/2022 at 9:15 PM, Bills72sj said:

Very nicely detail all around. You have really nailed. All the aftermarket performance parts really bring it to another level.

On 2/20/2022 at 9:23 PM, Bainford said:

Excellent work, Glen. The look is perfect, and your detailing work is very clean. Very cool model. Outstanding!

On 2/21/2022 at 2:53 AM, slusher said:

Great looking Duster!   Very very nice detailing..

21 hours ago, dave branson said:

That Duster is awesome nice looking detail under the hood.

17 hours ago, TransAmMike said:

The Duster looks great Glen...the engine work is super impressive.

56 minutes ago, Davewilly said:

Great looking Duster!   Love the color also!

To: Larry, Bill, Trevor, Carl, Dave, Mike, and Dave, I can't thank you guys enough for taking the time to send your nice       comments on my build and it's appreciated for sure.

Thanks, Glen

15 hours ago, Alan said:

You nailed this Glen!!!!!!!!!! Wow, very nice accurate build!!!

Alan, really nice to hear from you and hope all is well with you. Glad to hear you liked the build and thanks for the kudos. Our mutual friend Mr. Estabrook keeps me grounded as you can imagine. Upon seeing it he wasted no time telling me he wasn't wild about the color and he's not a fan of contingency decals, but other than that it was fine. But that's what friends are for right LMAO!! 

Thanks and take care,  Glen

On 2/22/2022 at 11:41 AM, Glen Powers said:

Alan, really nice to hear from you and hope all is well with you. Glad to hear you liked the build and thanks for the kudos. Our mutual friend Mr. Estabrook keeps me grounded as you can imagine. Upon seeing it he wasted no time telling me he wasn't wild about the color and he's not a fan of contingency decals, but other than that it was fine. But that's what friends are for right LMAO!! 

Thanks and take care,  Glen

Who is he anyways Glen, just full of hot air!!! lol

On 2/23/2022 at 6:59 PM, Speedpro said:

Sharp looking duster. The underhood detailing is very well done. Alot of effort there! The first thing that caught my eye though was those caltrac traction bars in the rear. Nice touch! 

On 2/24/2022 at 11:01 AM, John B. said:

Really nice rendition of an NHRA Stock - super nice engine detail!

Paul and John, thanks for your comments and glad to see so many stock/super fans on the forum checking in.

Glen

13 hours ago, crowe-t said:

Beautiful job on this!  What did you use for the harness belts?  Is that decals on the harness?

Michael, thanks for the acknowledgement. The harness is from Pro Tech model  parts I feel it's the easiest to assemble and the results seem pretty good. Yes those are decals for one of the Slixx decal sheets. A little gloss clear where they are going, followed by a fair amount of setting solution and when dry finish up with flat clear.

Thanks again, Glen  

9 hours ago, Glen Powers said:

Michael, thanks for the acknowledgement. The harness is from Pro Tech model  parts I feel it's the easiest to assemble and the results seem pretty good. Yes those are decals for one of the Slixx decal sheets. A little gloss clear where they are going, followed by a fair amount of setting solution and when dry finish up with flat clear.

Thanks again, Glen  

This is such a clean build!  I have the harness from Pro Tech and also harnesses from Futurattraction.  I also have extre harness material from Pro Tech.  

Did you use CA glue to attach the belts to the hardware?

12 hours ago, crowe-t said:

This is such a clean build!  I have the harness from Pro Tech and also harnesses from Futurattraction.  I also have extre harness material from Pro Tech.  

Did you use CA glue to attach the belts to the hardware?

Michael, the only CA glue I used was for the release button to the buckle. For the belts it was Aleene's Turbo Tacky Glue which is a craft store white glue. I also use it when mocking up parts in the early stages of a build.

BTW I think you are doing an awesome job on your pro street Beretta.

Glen