Model Cars Magazine Forum

2005 #23 Vassarette Sexy Fun Lingerie

Mach2

Yeah, thought that'd get your attention. Well that's what it says on the hood. :mrgreen:

Shauna Robinson drove this car in 3 05 races, and it's her signature over the door, and Mark Green drove it in 4 05 races. John Beatty art and Thad produced great decals. Since I screwed the first paint job up and had to purple bath it and reprime & repaint, had lots of time to do details. Tall rear window blade with dayglo yellow decal paper from Microscale, decaled both sides of the rear spoiler, rear spoiler braces, fuel filler made from aluminum tubing and painted plastic rod center, JWTBM skirt decals, Microscale dayglo red front valance decal, then added Grandt Line scale bolts to the valance and used thin electrical tape to cover the bolts, dayglo red decal paper surrounding the cowl inlet, upper & lower grill tape with JWTBM tape pull decals, made the shelf for the dash electronics and wired them, JWTBM 03-04 chevy & pontiac chrome windshield hold down decals.

23Phoenixleftsidepic.jpg

finisheda.jpg

23Phoenixnosepic.jpg

finishedb.jpg

finishedc.jpg

finishedd.jpg

finishede.jpg

finishedf.jpg

finishedg.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Looks good Mick. I gotta ask though... what's the deal with the Reynold's Wrap on the left side of the windshield? Is that a tear away? It looks like it's coming loose.

Yep Jay, that's a tear away. I use plastic wrap to make them and this piece had lines in it. I just was too lazy to make another one. :)

Yep Jay, that's a tear away. I use plastic wrap to make them and this piece had lines in it. I just was too lazy to make another one. :)

Okay. It just looks a bit out of scale and unclear. Maybe try a scrape piece of decal carrier film. Those tear aways are supposed to be crystal clear so the drivers can see!