Model Cars Magazine Forum

'62 Thunderbird from AMT....

JollySipper

I'm pretty much done with this one, guys! There's some details left to fix under the hood, and I had fish eyes in the headrest so they will be added later. Also I need to find some better wipers, the ones in the kit are not the greatest. Those who have built this kit know of the fitment issues.... seems every part needs to be worked to fit.

286678457_62tbirddone001.JPG.1bd5e63294b1576ebb54e412b669b343.JPG

207465873_62tbirddone002.JPG.c3f1e5f51da877e95401c281012517e8.JPG

255387290_62tbirddone003.JPG.c584f13246ed2d5c512683abfd9a49d3.JPG

Thanks to those who followed the WIP.....

Please feel free to comment!

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, radiohd10 said:

really nice job!  great color too. 

i'm building this one now as well.  so far it's going really well, but you're the third person i've seen mention fitment issues.  anything specific i should prepare myself for before putting her together?

A member called rightrudder and I both did WIPs, but he did a better job illustrating what was wrong and how to go about fixing it..... Here's a link to his build....

17 hours ago, AMT68 said:

Very impressively clean build and great work on the long trim lines. Wasn't aware of the fitment issues with this one but that wouldn't deter me from buying one since it appears to build up nicely. 

Yeah, don't sweat it. As long as you do a dry fit between the interior tub/dash and body, and shave things to fit, it goes together beautifully.

Thanks a bunch, there Bruce man! and thank you, Trevor!

I guess I should tell about the paint........ I just primed with DupliColor filler primer, a coat of Rustoleum gold, three coats of DupliColor Cordova Brown, then two clear coats. The Rustoleum worked really well under the brown!

Edited by JollySipper
  • Like 2