Model Cars Magazine Forum

1969 Sportwagon 3D resin

This body has taken some poetic license as a GS wagon, but there were Buick Sportwagons with the Vista Cruiser long wheelbase bodies. Neighbor across the street had a 68 sans woodgrain. All the bells and whistles, hubby's family owned a Buick dealership in SoCal.

7 hours ago, Rodent said:

This body has taken some poetic license as a GS wagon, but there were Buick Sportwagons with the Vista Cruiser long wheelbase bodies. Neighbor across the street had a 68 sans woodgrain. All the bells and whistles, hubby's family owned a Buick dealership in SoCal.

I know the car they scanned for this. It’s obviously not factory but there is a real one like it 

13 hours ago, Bills72sj said:

I grew up in the 60's as a car nut. I do not recall ever seeing a Buick wagon with a sunroof. Just Olds Vista Cruisers.

The Sport Wagon (1964) and Sportwagon (1965-1969) had a fixed-glass roof instead of a sunroof.  The resin model was made to add tinted "glass" plastic inserts.  The 1964-1972 Vista Cruiser also used fixed glass.  The later Vista Cruiser (1973-1977) had an optional flip-up glass roof panel.  

3 hours ago, Motor City said:

The Sport Wagon (1964) and Sportwagon (1965-1969) had a fixed-glass roof instead of a sunroof.  The resin model was made to add tinted "glass" plastic inserts.  The 1964-1972 Vista Cruiser also used fixed glass.  The later Vista Cruiser (1973-1977) had an optional flip-up glass roof panel.  

I think he was referring to the sky glass in the Sportwagon. Not a sunroof per se

OK Tim...........now you've done it! Now you've got me about to order this one from Robert too!

These types of wagons have been a MUCH overlooked subject, as they keep getting requested among those that want new kits. The '72 Olds Revell did would have been a "natural" for a Vista Cruiser, but I get the kit manufacturers want to play it safe these days.

I keep telling those that dismiss 3D printing not to do so...........It IS the big wave in the hobby right now and it'll be the only way short of someone creating the body from scratch, we get any of those long wanted models.

16 hours ago, MrObsessive said:

OK Tim...........now you've done it! Now you've got me about to order this one from Robert too!

These types of wagons have been a MUCH overlooked subject, as they keep getting requested among those that want new kits. The '72 Olds Revell did would have been a "natural" for a Vista Cruiser, but I get the kit manufacturers want to play it safe these days.

I keep telling those that dismiss 3D printing not to do so...........It IS the big wave in the hobby right now and it'll be the only way short of someone creating the body from scratch, we get any of those long wanted models.

HAHA got you back Bill!!! You’ve made me want to get the 77 Cutlass!!!😄

• Like 1

3 hours ago, sfhess said:

Maybe Revell 72 Cutlass?

The  AMT '68 El Camino or AMT '70 Monte Carlo might be good, as they have longer wheelbases and a separate frame.  Anything would need the frame stretched a bit since the Vista Cruiser/Sport Wagon had a 121" wheelbase, while the '68-72 A-body coupes were 112"...and the '68-72 El Camino and '70-72 Monte Carlo were 116".     

Edited by Rob Hall

2 hours ago, Rob Hall said:

The  AMT '68 El Camino or AMT '70 Monte Carlo might be good, as they have longer wheelbases and a separate frame.  Anything would need the frame stretched a bit since the Vista Cruiser/Sport Wagon had a 120" wheelbase, while the '68-72 A-body coupes were 112"...and the '68-72 El Camino and '70-72 Monte Carlo were 116".

121 wheelbase I own one

6 minutes ago, bisc63 said:

BTW, how does one go about finding one of these bodies to purchase?

You'll want to go here.........he's got a loooooong list. I'd hurry, he's only taking orders for the next couple days. Just mention what you want in the comments. In his post, he says how to order when paying through PayPal.

• Thanks 1