Model Cars Magazine Forum

1969 Sportwagon 3D resin

For the chassis, the spare tire was mounted upright inside of the passenger quarter panel.  The vertical gas tank was mounted on the driver's side quarter.  My parents had a '68 Vista Cruiser that they bought new.  The tank eventually started to rust out, and the tailpipe exited beneath it!  We had the Olds dealer replace the tank.  I should have had it towed there for safety reasons, but I drove the mile there without incident.  I drove it in college, and it handled very well for its size.  

As Bill stated earlier, 3D printing is going to get really big.  Those who use the Modelhaus business model of offering a complete kit with chrome-plated parts will do well.     

2 hours ago, Motor City said:

Those who use the Modelhaus business model of offering a complete kit with chrome-plated parts will do well. 

I think so too. If people are willing to shell out $125 for the exterior, I think $175-200 for full kits will still see sales. Heck, I’ve bought 3D engines alone for $30. 

On 2/27/2022 at 7:08 PM, Motor City said:

For the chassis, the spare tire was mounted upright inside of the passenger quarter panel.  The vertical gas tank was mounted on the driver's side quarter.  My parents had a '68 Vista Cruiser that they bought new.  The tank eventually started to rust out, and the tailpipe exited beneath it!  We had the Olds dealer replace the tank.  I should have had it towed there for safety reasons, but I drove the mile there without incident.  I drove it in college, and it handled very well for its size.  

As Bill stated earlier, 3D printing is going to get really big.  Those who use the Modelhaus business model of offering a complete kit with chrome-plated parts will do well.     

correct the existing fuel tank can be made to look as the third seat well. A tank and spare well will have to be faked into the chassis 

Edited by yellowsportwagon
  • Like 1

• 5 weeks later...
On 2/22/2022 at 7:25 PM, MrObsessive said:

You'll want to go here.........he's got a loooooong list. I'd hurry, he's only taking orders for the next couple days. Just mention what you want in the comments. In his post, he says how to order when paying through PayPal.

Any idea if these will be available to order again in the future?

1 hour ago, fairlane1320 said:

Any idea if these will be available to order again in the future?

You're gonna have to keep checking his page. He seems to have a pattern of putting up a group buy every couple months or so. Perhaps in April? You'll have to keep an eye on things.