Model Cars Magazine Forum

• 2 weeks later...
6 hours ago, moparfarmer said:

Tot my new issue today  #212 in Canada..Fairly quick delivery and super magazine..

Good to hear, Wayne. The guys who get them at the hobby shop have been waving them in my face for the past 2 weeks. Hopefully mine shows up in the mail box soon.

14 hours ago, peter31a said:

Good to hear, Wayne. The guys who get them at the hobby shop have been waving them in my face for the past 2 weeks. Hopefully mine shows up in the mail box soon.

The only two remaining hobby shops in Winnipeg don't carry it at all..Mostly fine scale modeler stuff..Planes/Military/Ships and Gundam..Cars don't exist to them..

Magazines 'absorbed' into others very quickly fade into oblivion.    SA into FSM , no exception. Seen it happen a number of times down the years.

Been a number of hobby magazines that I have seen disappear also. Understand Model Car Builder is now closing.

SA and MCB, that's two auto modelling mags going within about a year.

Edited by Bugatti Fan

FSM had a chance to keep me as a subscriber since I was forced to get them after Scale Auto but they blew it. I didn't mind reading about other type models but expected some cars to be included and they failed big time.

Model Car Magazine has come through very very good lately.

• 4 weeks later...

I am wondering if there are other Canadians who have not yet received #212. A friend who lives not far away got his a couple of weeks ago so I am worried mine has gone missing. I have been a subscriber since #1 so I do not want to miss an issue. I have emailed the magazine but have not got a reply.

Edited by Phildaupho

• 3 weeks later...
On 5/29/2022 at 12:00 AM, CabDriver said:

I haven’t picked up an FSM for a while - I take it the automotive content is slim pickins now huh?

It is, but they are doing all automotive contest editions.

Indication is that their next contest issue will contain 12 pages from the NNL North show alone!

Steve

• Like 1

On 6/1/2022 at 11:53 PM, StevenGuthmiller said:

It is, but they are doing all automotive contest editions.

Indication is that their next contest issue will contain 12 pages from the NNL North show alone!

Steve

Interesting!  I let my subscription lapse when it lapsed.

I saw that they're cutting the number of issues per year in half, ongoing - people on the FSM forum had an thread going this afternoon to exchange email addresses in case the forum got turned off like Scale Auto's forum did...